Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.


[/td][/tr][/table]
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 

 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» How's the Weather Where You're At?
by sanderson Today at 3:42 am

» Tomato Questions
by sanderson Today at 3:32 am

» A really, really Frugal Gardener
by sanderson Today at 3:30 am

» Howdy, from Central Florida
by sanderson Today at 3:29 am

» Today's Harvest
by sanderson Today at 3:27 am

» Worm bin?
by sanderson Today at 3:24 am

» Biochar?
by No_Such_Reality Today at 12:30 am

» Compost pit?
by No_Such_Reality Today at 12:05 am

» Coffee Substitute?
by No_Such_Reality Yesterday at 11:51 pm

» CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing in October 2017
by Mimi2 Yesterday at 7:33 pm

» N & C Midwest: October 2017!
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 7:20 pm

» BOOK GIVEAWAY - ENDS 10/20/17
by brianj555 Yesterday at 11:20 am

» Northern California & Coastal Valleys - What are you doing this month?
by countrynaturals Yesterday at 10:55 am

» Sowing Experiment! Anyone Tried This?
by brianj555 Yesterday at 10:36 am

» Spaghetti Squash ?
by countrynaturals Yesterday at 10:28 am

» Third Year SFG in Canada
by trolleydriver 10/21/2017, 5:34 pm

» 2017 SFG in Brooks, Ga
by yolos 10/21/2017, 5:16 pm

» Frames for SFG Beds - Versitile PVC frames for Protection
by sanderson 10/21/2017, 4:10 pm

» California's Drought
by AtlantaMarie 10/21/2017, 10:04 am

» Hello from a 7b zone
by AtlantaMarie 10/21/2017, 10:00 am

» Newbie from Ayrshire, West Coast of Scotland
by plantoid 10/21/2017, 7:27 am

» Butterfly Junction
by sanderson 10/21/2017, 12:08 am

» Mels book
by sanderson 10/20/2017, 11:54 pm

» Any Strange and Wonderful Visitors? Photos please!
by countrynaturals 10/20/2017, 11:34 am

» My Compost Bin
by SQWIB 10/20/2017, 7:36 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson 10/20/2017, 3:38 am

» A great offer for a local SFG,er
by sanderson 10/20/2017, 3:07 am

» Hello from Gilbert, AZ
by LizDTM 10/20/2017, 12:21 am

» How to Grow Better Tomatoes
by countrynaturals 10/19/2017, 7:59 pm

» Carrot Week 2017!
by countrynaturals 10/19/2017, 7:54 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Picture problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Picture problems

Post  gregrenee88 on 4/25/2012, 10:06 pm

I am having difficulty uploading pics of our garden. Can someone help me???

Thank you,
Renee thinking
avatar
gregrenee88

Female Posts : 280
Join date : 2012-04-23
Age : 50
Location : Sharpsburg, Md. Zone 6B

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Picture problems

Post  givvmistamps on 4/25/2012, 11:27 pm

Hi Renee!

There's a great set of instructions, including visual aids, in this topic: http://squarefoot.creatingforum.com/t129-how-to-post-a-picture-located-on-your-computer I look forward to seeing what you're planning to post!
avatar
givvmistamps

Female Posts : 862
Join date : 2012-04-01
Age : 46
Location : Lake City, (NE) FL; USDA Hardiness Zone 8b, AHS Heat Zone 9, Sunset Zone 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Picture problems

Post  Too Tall Tomatoes on 4/25/2012, 11:35 pm

gregrenee88 wrote:I am having difficulty uploading pics of our garden. Can someone help me???

Thank you,
Renee

I think new members aren't permitted to post pictures for a little bit.

Anyway, welcome.

I see you're from Sharpsburg, MD. I LOVE that town. Very historic. What a Face
avatar
Too Tall Tomatoes

Male Posts : 1069
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 47
Location : Pennsylvania, Zone 6A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Picture problems

Post  RoOsTeR on 4/26/2012, 8:46 am

Actually new members can post pictures immediately after registration. They do however have to wait to post links.

____________________________


I am my gardens worst enemy.
avatar
RoOsTeR

Forum Administrator

Male Posts : 4316
Join date : 2011-10-04
Location : Colorado Front Range

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Picture problems

Post  Too Tall Tomatoes on 4/26/2012, 8:59 am

RoOsTeR wrote:Actually new members can post pictures immediately after registration. They do however have to wait to post links.

Thanks for the clarification What a Face Sorry for misinforming
avatar
Too Tall Tomatoes

Male Posts : 1069
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 47
Location : Pennsylvania, Zone 6A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Picture problems

Post  gregrenee88 on 4/26/2012, 5:30 pm

Too Tall Tomatoes wrote:
gregrenee88 wrote:I am having difficulty uploading pics of our garden. Can someone help me???

Thank you,
Renee

I think new members aren't permitted to post pictures for a little bit.

Anyway, welcome.

I see you're from Sharpsburg, MD. I LOVE that town. Very historic. What a Face


Yes...very historic!
avatar
gregrenee88

Female Posts : 280
Join date : 2012-04-23
Age : 50
Location : Sharpsburg, Md. Zone 6B

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Picture problems

Post  Too Tall Tomatoes on 4/26/2012, 6:54 pm

gregrenee88 wrote:
Too Tall Tomatoes wrote:
gregrenee88 wrote:I am having difficulty uploading pics of our garden. Can someone help me???

Thank you,
Renee

I think new members aren't permitted to post pictures for a little bit.

Anyway, welcome.

I see you're from Sharpsburg, MD. I LOVE that town. Very historic. What a Face


Yes...very historic!

I was down there in December of 2010 for the Memorial Illumination Ceremony. WOW! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Before the battlefield drive-through started I went to that cafe in Boonsboro. That's another neat town.

I got tons of pictures from that day.

I enjoy reading about the Civil War especially about the battles in Sharpsburg and Gettysburg.

I'm sorry for threadjacking. I'll shut up now about the Civil War. What a Face
avatar
Too Tall Tomatoes

Male Posts : 1069
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 47
Location : Pennsylvania, Zone 6A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Picture problems

Post  plantoid on 4/26/2012, 7:09 pm

RoOsTeR wrote:Actually new members can post pictures immediately after registration. They do however have to wait to post links.




To all who I said would have to wait a few days to post pictures , I too also sit corrected .

cheers Rooster
avatar
plantoid

Male Posts : 3737
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 66

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Picture problems

Post  landarch on 4/26/2012, 11:13 pm

make sure your picture resolution is not too high...I just bought a new camera and had problems posting jpegs...hit "Host It" and nothing would happen...then realized the jpegs were at 350 resolution and had to open them up in photoshop and kick the resolution down to 100 or so...then posting worked just fine.

It can get frustrating when things don't work right.
avatar
landarch

Posts : 1145
Join date : 2012-01-22
Location : kansas city

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Picture problems

Post  gregrenee88 on 4/27/2012, 6:41 pm

Too Tall Tomatoes wrote:
gregrenee88 wrote:
Too Tall Tomatoes wrote:
gregrenee88 wrote:I am having difficulty uploading pics of our garden. Can someone help me???

Thank you,
Renee

I think new members aren't permitted to post pictures for a little bit.

Anyway, welcome.

I see you're from Sharpsburg, MD. I LOVE that town. Very historic. What a Face


Yes...very historic!

I was down there in December of 2010 for the Memorial Illumination Ceremony. WOW! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Before the battlefield drive-through started I went to that cafe in Boonsboro. That's another neat town.

I got tons of pictures from that day.

I enjoy reading about the Civil War especially about the battles in Sharpsburg and Gettysburg.

I'm sorry for threadjacking. I'll shut up now about the Civil War. What a Face

That is ok. My dad was a huge Civil War buff so we got to see all the battlefields many times over on vacations. If anyone has the chance, try Antietam Battlefield for July 4th....nothing like it sunny !
avatar
gregrenee88

Female Posts : 280
Join date : 2012-04-23
Age : 50
Location : Sharpsburg, Md. Zone 6B

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Picture problems

Post  boffer on 4/27/2012, 9:41 pm

gregrenee88 wrote:
Too Tall Tomatoes wrote:
gregrenee88 wrote:
Too Tall Tomatoes wrote:
gregrenee88 wrote:I am having difficulty uploading pics of our garden. Can someone help me???

Thank you,
Renee

I think new members aren't permitted to post pictures for a little bit.

Anyway, welcome.

I see you're from Sharpsburg, MD. I LOVE that town. Very historic. What a Face


Yes...very historic!

I was down there in December of 2010 for the Memorial Illumination Ceremony. WOW! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Before the battlefield drive-through started I went to that cafe in Boonsboro. That's another neat town.

I got tons of pictures from that day.

I enjoy reading about the Civil War especially about the battles in Sharpsburg and Gettysburg.

I'm sorry for threadjacking. I'll shut up now about the Civil War. What a Face

That is ok. My dad was a huge Civil War buff so we got to see all the battlefields many times over on vacations. If anyone has the chance, try Antietam Battlefield for July 4th....nothing like it sunny !
Nothing to add. I just wanted to see what five quoted quotes look like. First time I've seen it.
avatar
boffer

Male Posts : 7392
Join date : 2010-02-26
Age : 64
Location : yelm, wa, usa

View user profile http://boffer.us/

Back to top Go down

Re: Picture problems

Post  staci.bourff on 4/27/2012, 10:06 pm

landarch wrote:make sure your picture resolution is not too high...I just bought a new camera and had problems posting jpegs...hit "Host It" and nothing would happen...then realized the jpegs were at 350 resolution and had to open them up in photoshop and kick the resolution down to 100 or so...then posting worked just fine.

It can get frustrating when things don't work right.

I posted pics today that 4288 x 3216, and didn't use photoshop or anything to downsize them. When using the host image button there's a drop down menu that will downsize the pics for you to the size needed for the site. It took a while on some of the pics, but after the copy link popped up had no problem loading up pics on to the forums even with the large size my new cam loads onto my computer.
avatar
staci.bourff

Female Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-03-31
Age : 39
Location : Crooksville, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Picture problems

Post  RoOsTeR on 4/27/2012, 10:22 pm

boffer wrote:
gregrenee88 wrote:
Too Tall Tomatoes wrote:
gregrenee88 wrote:
Too Tall Tomatoes wrote:
gregrenee88 wrote:I am having difficulty uploading pics of our garden. Can someone help me???

Thank you,
Renee

I think new members aren't permitted to post pictures for a little bit.

Anyway, welcome.

I see you're from Sharpsburg, MD. I LOVE that town. Very historic. What a Face


Yes...very historic!

I was down there in December of 2010 for the Memorial Illumination Ceremony. WOW! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Before the battlefield drive-through started I went to that cafe in Boonsboro. That's another neat town.

I got tons of pictures from that day.

I enjoy reading about the Civil War especially about the battles in Sharpsburg and Gettysburg.

I'm sorry for threadjacking. I'll shut up now about the Civil War. What a Face

That is ok. My dad was a huge Civil War buff so we got to see all the battlefields many times over on vacations. If anyone has the chance, try Antietam Battlefield for July 4th....nothing like it sunny !
Nothing to add. I just wanted to see what five quoted quotes look like. First time I've seen it.

+6 Razz
I'm not exactly sure how the rumor got started about the length of time being a member and posting pictures??? Perhaps it came from me at one time or another. Rolling Eyes

____________________________


I am my gardens worst enemy.
avatar
RoOsTeR

Forum Administrator

Male Posts : 4316
Join date : 2011-10-04
Location : Colorado Front Range

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Picture problems

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum