Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td][table style="margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"][tr][td align="left"][/td][td align="left" background="http://i32.servimg.com/u/f32/14/92/49/47/ndtzf410.gif" bgcolor="black"][/td][td align="left"][/td][/tr][tr][td align="left" bgcolor="#000000"][/td][td width="390" height= "" align="left" bgcolor="#000000"]
Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

[/td][td align="left" bgcolor="#000000"][/td][/tr][tr][td align="left"][/td][td align="left" background="http://i32.servimg.com/u/f32/14/92/49/47/k39hxs10.gif" bgcolor="#000000"][/td][td align="left"][/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][/tr][/table]
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 

 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Geezer's 17
by sanderson Today at 1:56 am

» garden ready need better weather
by sanderson Today at 1:26 am

» CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing in April 2017?
by Kelejan Today at 1:12 am

» California's Drought
by Kelejan Today at 12:56 am

» 2017 SFG in Brooks, Ga
by yolos Yesterday at 11:14 pm

» Old roots
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 9:10 pm

» Amaranth
by Roseinarosecity Yesterday at 9:09 pm

» Sub Irrigation Planter
by CitizenKate Yesterday at 8:24 pm

» New England April 2017
by CAgirlinMA Yesterday at 7:06 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by bigdogrock Yesterday at 6:53 pm

» Hello from SE Michigan
by Cindy G Yesterday at 6:17 pm

» Volunteer Lettuce?
by donnainzone5 Yesterday at 5:29 pm

» Northern California & Coastal Valleys - What are you doing this month?
by sanderson Yesterday at 3:50 pm

» Carrot Week 2017!
by newbeone Yesterday at 3:34 pm

» Worm Tube?
by sanderson Yesterday at 3:32 pm

» Jaffa's garden - year one
by RC3291 Yesterday at 3:16 pm

» Third Year SFG in Canada
by trolleydriver Yesterday at 8:54 am

» Ants.
by TNGeezer Yesterday at 8:52 am

» to solarize, or not...I'm torn
by dstack Yesterday at 6:01 am

» Pallet Wacking
by sanderson Yesterday at 3:13 am

» EWWWWW.........bugs and stuff...good or not so good?
by sanderson Yesterday at 2:54 am

» April 2015: What to plant in No. California/Central Valley area
by audrey.jeanne.roberts 4/24/2017, 8:22 pm

» N & C Midwest: April 2017!
by Scorpio Rising 4/24/2017, 5:58 pm

» Mel's Mix shows it is worth its weight in gold
by sanderson 4/24/2017, 4:10 pm

» An excellent read for those with Diabetes
by RoOsTeR 4/24/2017, 2:33 pm

» Please comment on the plant layout for 2017
by TNGeezer 4/24/2017, 9:06 am

» 2017: First full year of SFGing in ND
by TNGeezer 4/24/2017, 8:57 am

» cucumber beetles
by BeetlesPerSqFt 4/23/2017, 7:48 pm

» Bryan Greenbeard of Minnesota's 2017 Plans
by Greenbeard 4/23/2017, 5:09 pm

» First of the Season
by newbeone 4/23/2017, 4:49 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Any Plumbers out there

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Any Plumbers out there

Post  choksaw on 4/10/2010, 5:30 pm

didnt know if i should put this here or in the main forum

I recently installed a drip irrigation system in my garden the emmiters are supposed to have an adjustable drip to small spray pattern but no matter how much i adjust or tweak them the flow does not change pattern im guessing the water pressure from the well is the culprit even though the reduction from 3/4 to 1/4 inch should increase the flow rate, my question is there anyway to increase the flow rate from the well to my garden at a minimal expense?

Im open to all ideas as i would love for the emmiters to be useable to thier fullest effect.
avatar
choksaw

Male Posts : 459
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 42
Location : New Port Richey FL.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Any Plumbers out there

Post  camprn on 4/10/2010, 5:35 pm

The first thought that comes to my mind is an elevated cistern. Of course, I'm a nurse, not a plumber... Wink

edit: I found this link pertaining to florida http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ae029


Last edited by camprn on 4/10/2010, 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
camprn

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14101
Join date : 2010-03-06
Age : 54
Location : Keene, NH, USA ~ Zone 5a

View user profile http://squarefoot.creatingforum.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-week

Back to top Go down

Re: Any Plumbers out there

Post  boffer on 4/10/2010, 5:40 pm

Here's what I know, you decide if it's any help

Well pumps are set up around here to turn on at 40 psi off at 60.

You don't want to mess with that. You would want to consider an external pump to boost pressure.

Reducing your pipe size reduces your flow rate.

Try reducing pressure to your system. I've had sprinklers work at lower pressures and not at higher pressures. Now that I think about it, I bought a drip kit years ago that had an inline pressure reducer in it.
avatar
boffer

Male Posts : 7392
Join date : 2010-02-26
Age : 64
Location : yelm, wa, usa

View user profile http://boffer.us/

Back to top Go down

Re: Any Plumbers out there

Post  Toastie on 4/11/2010, 12:30 am

@choksaw wrote:didnt know if i should put this here or in the main forum

I recently installed a drip irrigation system in my garden the emmiters are supposed to have an adjustable drip to small spray pattern but no matter how much i adjust or tweak them the flow does not change pattern im guessing the water pressure from the well is the culprit even though the reduction from 3/4 to 1/4 inch should increase the flow rate, my question is there anyway to increase the flow rate from the well to my garden at a minimal expense?

Im open to all ideas as i would love for the emmiters to be useable to thier fullest effect.

Well I am not a plumber but a recent engineering graduate. Who just drank a case of beer
Your flow rate is Q=AV where Q is the volumetric flow rate (cubic feet) A is the Area of the pipe and V is the velocity. Bernoulis Equation will tell you that pressure 1 + velocity 1 + friction loss = Pressure 2 + velocity 2 + pump. If velocity 1 is what you are looking to increase you can try adding a pump or somehow increasing pressure. If you are using some sort of rain collector you might try raising the height (if possible) which would help increase the pressure

Toastie

Posts : 99
Join date : 2010-04-02
Location : LaPlace, La

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Any Plumbers out there

Post  camprn on 4/12/2010, 9:10 am

@Toastie wrote:
@choksaw wrote:didnt know if i should put this here or in the main forum my question is there anyway to increase the flow rate from the well to my garden at a minimal expense? Im open to all ideas as i would love for the emmiters to be useable to thier fullest effect.

Well I am not a plumber but a recent engineering graduate. Who just drank a case of beer...
If you are using some sort of rain collector you might try raising the height (if possible) which would help increase the pressure

Uh, I already said that, sort of... LOL
avatar
camprn

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14101
Join date : 2010-03-06
Age : 54
Location : Keene, NH, USA ~ Zone 5a

View user profile http://squarefoot.creatingforum.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-week

Back to top Go down

Re: Any Plumbers out there

Post  Toastie on 4/14/2010, 10:49 pm

@camprn wrote:
@Toastie wrote:
@choksaw wrote:didnt know if i should put this here or in the main forum my question is there anyway to increase the flow rate from the well to my garden at a minimal expense? Im open to all ideas as i would love for the emmiters to be useable to thier fullest effect.

Well I am not a plumber but a recent engineering graduate. Who just drank a case of beer...
If you are using some sort of rain collector you might try raising the height (if possible) which would help increase the pressure

Uh, I already said that, sort of... LOL
hehe well I was drunk when I was posting

Toastie

Posts : 99
Join date : 2010-04-02
Location : LaPlace, La

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Any Plumbers out there

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum