Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.


[/td][/tr][/table]
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 

 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Spaghetti Squash Recipes
by newbeone Today at 9:48 pm

» Mustard Greens
by newbeone Today at 9:23 pm

» Carrot Week 2017!
by Scorpio Rising Today at 9:00 pm

» N & C Midwest: April 2017!
by Scorpio Rising Today at 8:41 pm

» A spring day that was da pits.
by Scorpio Rising Today at 8:28 pm

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by plantoid Today at 7:28 pm

» Double summer squash flower
by RC3291 Today at 7:22 pm

» How's the Weather Where You're At?
by kauairosina Today at 7:17 pm

» Feedback for my 2017 garden plan
by MeghanSTL Today at 5:41 pm

» Third Year SFG in Canada
by trolleydriver Today at 5:35 pm

» 2017: First full year of SFGing in ND
by Robbomb116 Today at 4:00 pm

» Kombucha
by RoOsTeR Today at 2:32 pm

» garden ready need better weather
by bigblue94 Today at 1:41 pm

» Ideas needed
by camprn Today at 12:41 pm

» Amaranth
by countrynaturals Today at 10:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by Turan Today at 10:13 am

» Store Bought Compost
by mlpii66 Today at 9:14 am

» Sprouting seeds
by camprn Today at 6:28 am

» 2017 SFG in Brooks, Ga
by AtlantaMarie Today at 4:24 am

» Senseless Banter...
by AtlantaMarie Today at 4:21 am

» Northern California & Coastal Valleys - What are you doing this month?
by sanderson Today at 3:54 am

» Japanese Beetle Grub Insecticide
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 9:36 pm

» New England April 2017
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 8:55 pm

» who has chickens
by trolleydriver Yesterday at 7:45 pm

» CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing in April 2017?
by Kelejan Yesterday at 12:34 pm

» Geezer's 17
by countrynaturals Yesterday at 11:25 am

» Compost for Mel's Mix
by Banned Member Yesterday at 10:12 am

» Hullo from SW Ohio
by Banned Member Yesterday at 10:05 am

» Hello from SE Michigan
by sanderson Yesterday at 4:30 am

» Hello from Chino, CA (Zone 10a)
by sanderson Yesterday at 4:21 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

PNW: no more socks with sandals weather!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PNW: no more socks with sandals weather!!!

Post  boffer on 7/4/2012, 2:21 pm

You know the commercial I'm talking about!

I've never seen a forecast that looked so perfect!

avatar
boffer

Male Posts : 7392
Join date : 2010-02-26
Age : 64
Location : yelm, wa, usa

View user profile http://boffer.us/

Back to top Go down

Re: PNW: no more socks with sandals weather!!!

Post  Goosegirl on 7/4/2012, 2:24 pm

cheers cheers cheers

GG
avatar
Goosegirl

Female Posts : 3411
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 52
Location : Zone 4A - NE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PNW: no more socks with sandals weather!!!

Post  RoOsTeR on 7/4/2012, 2:26 pm

You've got to be kidding Razz

Actually, I think our forecast for next week cools down a bit too.
My wife just mentioned the high on Sunday is around 76 cyclops

____________________________


I am my gardens worst enemy.
avatar
RoOsTeR

Forum Administrator

Male Posts : 4195
Join date : 2011-10-04
Location : Colorado Front Range

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PNW: no more socks with sandals weather!!!

Post  Triciasgarden on 7/4/2012, 2:49 pm

Oh I am so envious but happy for you! Wonderful forecast!

Rooster I hope it does for you!
avatar
Triciasgarden

Female Posts : 1628
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 62
Location : Northern Utah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PNW: no more socks with sandals weather!!!

Post  Lindacol on 7/4/2012, 3:28 pm

@RoOsTeR wrote:You've got to be kidding Razz

Actually, I think our forecast for next week cools down a bit too.
My wife just mentioned the high on Sunday is around 76 cyclops

Great news. Wish I could be there this next week but can't afford to go. July 7-14th 2012 at The Ranch (Larimer County Fairgrounds) is the American Dairy Goat Assoc. National Show with nearly 2300 entries. I think it is free for spectators. There will be at least 4 trailor loads of goats friends are taking from this area in so CA.
avatar
Lindacol

Posts : 777
Join date : 2011-01-23
Location : Bloomington, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PNW: no more socks with sandals weather!!!

Post  plantoid on 7/4/2012, 4:34 pm

@boffer wrote:You know the commercial I'm talking about!

I've never seen a forecast that looked so perfect!




One always wears socks with sandals Sir , no gentleman would do otherwise . One can then change socks daily and if water is in short supply not wash one's feet . One can extend this cycle at the end of clean socks supply by merely turning all the used socks inside out and start the cycle again .

I must caution though sir .. if one throws one's socks at the wall and they stick to it , it may be time to bathe and clean all of one's socks in the bath water as well at the same time , so as to make ecomomy of soap , water and energy .

I am Sir.

Your Servant.

Sergeant I B Sizeten of the 2 nd Foot Regiment.
avatar
plantoid

Male Posts : 3687
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 66

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PNW: no more socks with sandals weather!!!

Post  boffer on 7/4/2012, 4:50 pm

@plantoid wrote:...One always wears socks with sandals Sir , no gentleman would do otherwise . One can then change socks daily and if water is in short supply not wash one's feet . One can extend this cycle at the end of clean socks supply by merely turning all the used socks inside out and start the cycle again .

I must caution though sir .. if one throws one's socks at the wall and they stick to it , it may be time to bathe and clean all of one's socks in the bath water as well at the same time , so as to make ecomomy of soap , water and energy .

I am Sir.

Your Servant.

Sergeant I B Sizeten of the 2 nd Foot Regiment.

Razz Razz

Just for context, we've had an ongoing series of TV ads with a common theme: a local insurance company promoting the idea that they're local. They show an adult male wearing a warm vest with shorts, wool socks, and sandals. Their tag line is: "Sandals and sock guy, you're one of us".


avatar
boffer

Male Posts : 7392
Join date : 2010-02-26
Age : 64
Location : yelm, wa, usa

View user profile http://boffer.us/

Back to top Go down

Re: PNW: no more socks with sandals weather!!!

Post  Lavender Debs on 7/4/2012, 4:53 pm

That's funny Plantoid! I have been reading a prepper e-friend. While the power has been out on the eastern seaboard (where ever that is) neighbors have been coming to keep cool in her pool. The sit and chat, letting most clothing (or at least all of yesterdays) sink to the bottom of the pool during the heat of the day. Both they and their clothes come out of the pool refreshed. When the clothes have dried on the line they are ready to wear. I think the power came back on before she could test how long this social experiment would be successful.
avatar
Lavender Debs

Posts : 2054
Join date : 2010-03-03
Age : 60
Location : Everett, WA USA

View user profile http://songs-of-coming-rain.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: PNW: no more socks with sandals weather!!!

Post  plantoid on 7/4/2012, 5:06 pm

@boffer wrote:
@plantoid wrote:...One always wears socks with sandals Sir , no gentleman would do otherwise . One can then change socks daily and if water is in short supply not wash one's feet . One can extend this cycle at the end of clean socks supply by merely turning all the used socks inside out and start the cycle again .

I must caution though sir .. if one throws one's socks at the wall and they stick to it , it may be time to bathe and clean all of one's socks in the bath water as well at the same time , so as to make ecomomy of soap , water and energy .

I am Sir.

Your Servant.

Sergeant I B Sizeten of the 2 nd Foot Regiment.

Razz Razz

Just for context, we've had an ongoing series of TV ads with a common theme: a local insurance company promoting the idea that they're local. They show an adult male wearing a warm vest with shorts, wool socks, and sandals. Their tag line is: "Sandals and sock guy, you're one of us".



I was thinking more of this dress code Sir , for a gentleman would not been seen in his coffin in that attire Sir



But as it is only just over 110 oF shoes are the order of the day .
avatar
plantoid

Male Posts : 3687
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 66

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PNW: no more socks with sandals weather!!!

Post  gwennifer on 7/4/2012, 7:48 pm

Oh wow, look at that forecast. Shocked Whoops, hold on... Cool That's better.

I better see massive improvements on the peppers and tomatoes to make all the upcoming watering worth it.
avatar
gwennifer

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 1413
Join date : 2011-05-11
Location : Vancouver, WA

View user profile http://www.bluekeypm.com

Back to top Go down

Re: PNW: no more socks with sandals weather!!!

Post  FamilyGardening on 7/5/2012, 12:16 am



10 straight days of sunshine! Shocked

hugs

rose.....
avatar
FamilyGardening

Female Posts : 2424
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Western WA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PNW: no more socks with sandals weather!!!

Post  plantoid on 7/5/2012, 10:19 am

We had sunshine .....Again .......today !

I found tomato flowers on two plants perhaps all is not rotted .
avatar
plantoid

Male Posts : 3687
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 66

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PNW: no more socks with sandals weather!!!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum