Square Foot Gardening Forum

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.


Search
 
 

Display results as :
 

 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Butterfly Junction
by BeetlesPerSqFt Today at 5:44 pm

» Ground Cherries
by BeetlesPerSqFt Today at 5:32 pm

» My Solar Dehydrator at Work
by sanderson Today at 4:12 pm

» One Very Happy Earthworm!
by countrynaturals Today at 4:03 pm

» My experiences with commercial cedar raised beds
by sanderson Today at 3:54 pm

» Gardening in Central Pennsylvania, 3rd year SFG
by CapeCoddess Today at 2:32 pm

» A really, really Frugal Gardener
by CapeCoddess Today at 2:22 pm

» New England February 2017
by CapeCoddess Today at 1:45 pm

» Spaghetti Squash Recipes
by newbeone Today at 9:20 am

» New compost bin and 4x8 cedar bed
by newbeone Today at 8:29 am

» Invasive Tree Roots - Very important topic for newbies.
by walshevak Today at 7:27 am

» N&C Midwest: February 2017
by CitizenKate Today at 12:19 am

» How's the Weather Where You're At?
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by donnainzone5 Yesterday at 8:10 pm

» Third Year SFG in Canada
by CapeCoddess Yesterday at 4:43 pm

» So. California & Inland Valleys -March / April Planting Guide
by sanderson Yesterday at 12:47 am

» 2017 SFG Adventures in Hampstead, NC
by ralitaco Yesterday at 12:38 am

» Northern California & Coastal Valleys - What are you doing this month?
by sanderson Yesterday at 12:31 am

» Our 2017 garden makeover
by CitizenKate 2/22/2017, 11:16 pm

» Fall means apples....
by reynajrainwater 2/22/2017, 10:43 pm

» CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing February 2017?
by Scorpio Rising 2/22/2017, 9:51 pm

» California's Drought
by sanderson 2/22/2017, 7:08 pm

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Mellen 2/22/2017, 6:37 pm

» Root Knot Nematodes - PROGRESS!
by sanderson 2/22/2017, 1:48 pm

» Plant ID
by No_Such_Reality 2/21/2017, 8:24 pm

» Western Mount/High Plains: Seed Planting Dates zone 5b
by RoOsTeR 2/21/2017, 8:58 am

» I'll get my Texas garden right yet
by RoOsTeR 2/21/2017, 8:57 am

» Roots...information....
by MrBooker 2/21/2017, 6:19 am

» Is this wood correct for building box?
by sanderson 2/21/2017, 4:42 am

» Hello from IA Zone 5
by sanderson 2/21/2017, 4:38 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

Leaf and Small Branch Shredder for Christmas

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Leaf and Small Branch Shredder for Christmas

Post  Triciasgarden on 12/28/2012, 11:33 pm

Well I am finally getting around to posting this! I got a Rand leaf and small branch shredder for Christmas! My husband bought it used and not working, took it apart, cleaned it, replaced the cord because it was short and replaced the on/off switch. I have no skill in doing any of that! I was sure surprised with this gift and of course very pleased to get it! This thing is powerful with a metal blade for chopping up leaves and branches. I can hardly wait till some of our snow clears so I can get with the leaf shredding for my compost piles and then do the branches for some mulching or long curing compost! If anyone lives close by and wants to borrow it, you are welcome to!

I will have to find an owner's manual so I don't do something stupid with it!


Triciasgarden

Female Posts : 1628
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 61
Location : Northern Utah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leaf and Small Branch Shredder for Christmas

Post  audrey.jeanne.roberts on 12/29/2012, 12:42 am

CONGRATULATIONS! You will love it :-) My sweetie is finally putting mine back together for me, it's been in pieces since we moved in 2004!!!!! Fingers crossed I'll have it operational soon.

Enjoy!

audrey.jeanne.roberts

Posts : 1882
Join date : 2012-12-07
Location : Central Calif Mtns.

View user profile http://audreyjeanne-roberts.artistwebsites.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Leaf and Small Branch Shredder for Christmas

Post  llama momma on 12/29/2012, 4:24 am

That looks like a fine gift! Hopefully you should find the owners manual online, using the serial and model number. Good Luck! I found a manual online to an old dehydrator, maybe 15-20 years old.

llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4688
Join date : 2010-08-20
Age : 60
Location : Central Ohio zone 6a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leaf and Small Branch Shredder for Christmas

Post  cheyannarach on 12/29/2012, 9:58 am

Oh nice! Good job hubby!!

cheyannarach

Female Posts : 2037
Join date : 2012-03-21
Location : Custer, SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leaf and Small Branch Shredder for Christmas

Post  CapeCoddess on 12/29/2012, 6:21 pm

Niiiiiice! cyclops Lucky you! I've been looking at branch chippers, too. Let us know how you like the brand once you get to try it out.

CC

CapeCoddess

Posts : 5528
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 60
Location : elbow of the Cape, MA, Zone 6b/7a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leaf and Small Branch Shredder for Christmas

Post  camprn on 12/29/2012, 6:44 pm

@CapeCoddess wrote:Niiiiiice! cyclops Lucky you! I've been looking at branch chippers, too. Let us know how you like the brand once you get to try it out.

CC
CC Check your budget, now is the time to buy one for a good deal. Kind of like buying a snow blower in July. I would pull the trigger on the Troybilt.
http://capecod.craigslist.org/search/?areaID=239&subAreaID=&query=chipper+shredder&catAbb=sss

____________________________

41 years a gardener and going strong with SFG.
http://squarefoot.creatingforum.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-weeks-until-frost

There are certain pursuits which, if not wholly poetic and true, do at least suggest a nobler and finer relation to nature than we know. The keeping of bees, for instance. ~ Henry David Thoreau

http://squarefoot.creatingforum.com/t1306-other-gardening-books




camprn

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14076
Join date : 2010-03-06
Age : 54
Location : Keene, NH, USA ~ Zone 5a

View user profile http://squarefoot.creatingforum.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-week

Back to top Go down

Re: Leaf and Small Branch Shredder for Christmas

Post  plantoid on 12/29/2012, 6:50 pm

@Triciasgarden wrote:Well I am finally getting around to posting this! I got a Rand leaf and small branch shredder for Christmas! My husband bought it used and not working, took it apart, cleaned it, replaced the cord because it was short and replaced the on/off switch. I have no skill in doing any of that! I was sure surprised with this gift and of course very pleased to get it! This thing is powerful with a metal blade for chopping up leaves and branches. I can hardly wait till some of our snow clears so I can get with the leaf shredding for my compost piles and then do the branches for some mulching or long curing compost! If anyone lives close by and wants to borrow it, you are welcome to!

I will have to find an owner's manual so I don't do something stupid with it!


Is that a real christmas tree ? Bzzzzzzzz grundle grundle , hey presto ...wood chips Wink

plantoid

Male Posts : 3663
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 66

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leaf and Small Branch Shredder for Christmas

Post  camprn on 12/29/2012, 7:06 pm

@plantoid wrote:
@Triciasgarden wrote:Well I am finally getting around to posting this! I got a Rand leaf and small branch shredder for Christmas! My husband bought it used and not working, took it apart, cleaned it, replaced the cord because it was short and replaced the on/off switch. I have no skill in doing any of that! I was sure surprised with this gift and of course very pleased to get it! This thing is powerful with a metal blade for chopping up leaves and branches. I can hardly wait till some of our snow clears so I can get with the leaf shredding for my compost piles and then do the branches for some mulching or long curing compost! If anyone lives close by and wants to borrow it, you are welcome to!

I will have to find an owner's manual so I don't do something stupid with it!


Is that a real christmas tree ? Bzzzzzzzz grundle grundle , hey presto ...wood chips Wink
darn funny




silly me

____________________________

41 years a gardener and going strong with SFG.
http://squarefoot.creatingforum.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-weeks-until-frost

There are certain pursuits which, if not wholly poetic and true, do at least suggest a nobler and finer relation to nature than we know. The keeping of bees, for instance. ~ Henry David Thoreau

http://squarefoot.creatingforum.com/t1306-other-gardening-books




camprn

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14076
Join date : 2010-03-06
Age : 54
Location : Keene, NH, USA ~ Zone 5a

View user profile http://squarefoot.creatingforum.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-week

Back to top Go down

Re: Leaf and Small Branch Shredder for Christmas

Post  Triciasgarden on 12/29/2012, 7:42 pm

Too bad it's not real but you probably could already tell! It would have been a good test Wink !

Hope you get yours back together soon Audrey! Thank you all and I will let you know how it goes. Looks like we are in for more snow tomorrow!

Triciasgarden

Female Posts : 1628
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 61
Location : Northern Utah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leaf and Small Branch Shredder for Christmas

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum