Square Foot Gardening Forum

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.


Search
 
 

Display results as :
 

 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing December 2016
by trolleydriver Today at 2:18 pm

» Tomato Tuesday 2016
by trolleydriver Today at 1:17 pm

» TrolleyDriver's Compost Thermometer
by trolleydriver Today at 1:04 pm

» 2016 SFG in Brooks, Ga
by trolleydriver Today at 12:58 pm

» Bon fires on the Levee
by Cajun Cappy Today at 12:17 pm

» Holy snow Batman!
by sanderson Today at 12:08 pm

» N&C Midwest: December 2016
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 10:32 pm

» Mid-South: December 2016
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 10:26 pm

» Mid-Atl - Dec 2016 - Seed Catalog ?
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Gardening in Central Pennsylvania
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 10:21 pm

» 1st Seed Catalog Arrived :)
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 10:15 pm

» Second Year SFG in Canada
by trolleydriver Yesterday at 4:06 pm

» Amaranth
by countrynaturals Yesterday at 12:06 pm

» Northern California & Coastal Valleys - What are you doing this month?
by countrynaturals Yesterday at 12:03 pm

» Garlic: Freeze, thaw, and heave
by donnainzone5 Yesterday at 11:14 am

» Live and learn
by jimmy cee Yesterday at 9:08 am

» New England, December 2016
by sanderson Yesterday at 4:09 am

» AtlantaMarie's Garden
by countrynaturals 12/4/2016, 2:04 pm

» Mychorrhizae Fungi
by audrey.jeanne.roberts 12/4/2016, 1:28 pm

» December 2016 Avatar: Show your Winter Season Colors!
by Scorpio Rising 12/3/2016, 11:17 pm

» SFG not giving the results I expected
by No_Such_Reality 12/3/2016, 7:21 pm

» New Member
by trolleydriver 12/3/2016, 4:14 pm

» First season SFG results / lessons learned
by countrynaturals 12/3/2016, 10:36 am

» Eat Broccoli Leaves? Brussels Sprouts? Cauliflower?
by sanderson 12/3/2016, 2:55 am

» Winter's Coming!
by sanderson 12/3/2016, 2:53 am

» Dry versus fresh spices to infuse vinegar
by sanderson 12/3/2016, 2:50 am

» Senseless Banter...
by MrBooker 12/2/2016, 5:17 pm

» Blanching and Freezing Vegetables
by sanderson 12/2/2016, 4:59 pm

» Your Christmas wish list?
by sanderson 12/2/2016, 4:29 pm

» SFG Adventure of a first time gardener in ND
by sanderson 12/2/2016, 4:14 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

2015 SFG in Brooks, Ga

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2015 SFG in Brooks, Ga

Post  AtlantaMarie on 7/20/2015, 8:16 am

Yolos, it kinda sounds like a rat snake.  You might try this site:

http://timberrattlesnake89.tripod.com/ganonvenomous.html

AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 3774
Join date : 2014-03-18
Age : 53
Location : Buford, GA - Zones 7B/8A

View user profile http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 SFG in Brooks, Ga

Post  yolos on 7/20/2015, 8:01 pm

I think I am going to have a mess of Pinkeye Purple Hull peas (Top Pick variety).  These were planted succession style on 6/1, 6/5, 6/21. Total of this bed is 4 x 8.  Look at all those peas.  It won't be long now.  I had to put small fencing up and down the bed to keep them from falling out in the aisle and on top of each other.  I may have put too much fertilizer on this bed.

This next bed of Pinkeye Purple Hull peas was planted 7/4.  I thinned these a lot too keep from having them fall all over the place and I did not put any fertilizer or compost before planting.

I put a soaker hose under that mulch to help with the watering although these southern peas should not need much watering.

yolos

Female Posts : 2858
Join date : 2011-11-20
Age : 66
Location : Brooks, Ga Zone 7B/8A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 SFG in Brooks, Ga

Post  TCgardening on 7/20/2015, 9:04 pm

sanderson, I like your reply! 
 I have grown up liking or at least appreciating snakes. If it is not a venomous snake it has a home in the garden. The venomous ones deserve a place but not in the backyard. From 1000 miles away yours looks like a friendly variety. (take that for what it is worth)
 I am always envious of your garden! No matter how much effort I put in mine it always pales in comparison to yours. I am getting the fall garden beds ready, lots of compost, new irrigation and a renewed vigor so I am hopeful my fall garden will do better this year. If not there is always the spring garden...
Craig

TCgardening

Male Posts : 196
Join date : 2013-12-28
Age : 59
Location : Zone 10a Stuart, Fla

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 SFG in Brooks, Ga

Post  yolos on 7/20/2015, 9:17 pm

@TCgardening wrote:sanderson, I like your reply! 
 I have grown up liking or at least appreciating snakes. If it is not a venomous snake it has a home in the garden. The venomous ones deserve a place but not in the backyard. From 1000 miles away yours looks like a friendly variety. (take that for what it is worth)
 I am always envious of your garden! No matter how much effort I put in mine it always pales in comparison to yours. I am getting the fall garden beds ready, lots of compost, new irrigation and a renewed vigor so I am hopeful my fall garden will do better this year. If not there is always the spring garden...
Craig

Thank you TC but it is all trial and error.  Some things work for some gardeners and not other gardeners.  Some things work this year but won't work next year.  I have been experimenting for 4 years now.  I keep trying different things and stick with what works for me. 

No more eggplants for me is what I learned this year. 

Tried another variety of Pinkeye purple hull peas this year.

Growing less sweet potatoes because we had some left over from last year.

Don't plant 16 tomato plants when there are only 2 adults eating them.  plant about 8 and take care of them better so they will last the whole season.

etc, etc,

yolos

Female Posts : 2858
Join date : 2011-11-20
Age : 66
Location : Brooks, Ga Zone 7B/8A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 SFG in Brooks, Ga

Post  TCgardening on 7/20/2015, 9:30 pm

I agree whole heartily. Last year I tried eggplant for the first time. After reading how temperamental they can be I was not too hopeful. I had so may eggplants from those four plants that I couldn't give them all away. I planted a Puerto Rican variety, Rosita eggplant One of them kept producing right thru the summer.
Tomatoes, next to none...
 Craig

TCgardening

Male Posts : 196
Join date : 2013-12-28
Age : 59
Location : Zone 10a Stuart, Fla

View user profile

Back to top Go down

No eggplants?

Post  Windmere on 7/23/2015, 10:54 am

Hey there yolos.  Why no more eggplants next year?  What's going on with yours?  Also, how large should the mini eggplants be to harvest?  Hope you're well.  My tomatoes are, in some cases, doing poorly.  However, a good amount seem to be ok.  How are your tomatoes doing nowadays?

Windmere

Male Posts : 1425
Join date : 2013-02-26
Age : 47
Location : Fayetteville, GA - Zone 7B - 8A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 SFG in Brooks, Ga

Post  yolos on 7/23/2015, 11:15 am

@Windmere wrote:Hey there yolos.  Why no more eggplants next year?  What's going on with yours?  Also, how large should the mini eggplants be to harvest?  Hope you're well.  My tomatoes are, in some cases, doing poorly.  However, a good amount seem to be ok.  How are your tomatoes doing nowadays?
Windmere - I do not want to grow eggplants anymore because they are a pain in the neck.  They have to be staked. fertilized during the season and watered all the time.   I always seem to miss harvesting them on time.  Flea Beetles just destroy the leaves even though they continue to produce they just look horrible.  I have four plants (2 regular size and 2 patio) and we just have not got around to cooking any for various reasons.  The mini's can be harvested at any time before their luster fades.  The max size seems to be about baseball or maybe Q Ball size.  Harvest when they are shinny.

My tomatoes all did exceptionally well as far as production.  My best year yet.  I have dehydrated about 200 grape tomatoes, made tomato powder, frozen tomato sauce (19 cups), frozen stewed tomatoes (9 cups), and frozen roasted tomatoes (4 cups).  But they all now have some kind of fungal disease, looks like early blight.  I did not clip off the diseased leaves or spray with anything after the first few weeks.  I had a super harvest on every variety but they are just too sick and tired.  I should have treated the diseases and given them some fertilizer or compost during the summer.  The heat is causing the flowers to drop now without setting much fruit.  But I am still getting a small number of tomatoes each day especially the Juliet.  It is also diseased but just keeps on pumping out the fruit.

yolos

Female Posts : 2858
Join date : 2011-11-20
Age : 66
Location : Brooks, Ga Zone 7B/8A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 SFG in Brooks, Ga

Post  Marc Iverson on 7/23/2015, 12:41 pm

yolos, I had blight last year and trimmed off a huge amount of leaves overall, out there every day, but the plants kept ahead of my cruel-to-be-kind program and produced well anyway. I think it's a good idea to trim diseased leaves heavily if only to reduce the spread of the disease by letting fewer germs and spores get into the soil and the rest of the environment.

Marc Iverson

Male Posts : 3636
Join date : 2013-07-05
Age : 55
Location : SW Oregon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 SFG in Brooks, Ga

Post  Windmere on 7/23/2015, 12:53 pm

@yolos wrote:
@Windmere wrote:Hey there yolos.  Why no more eggplants next year?  What's going on with yours?  Also, how large should the mini eggplants be to harvest?  Hope you're well.  My tomatoes are, in some cases, doing poorly.  However, a good amount seem to be ok.  How are your tomatoes doing nowadays?
Windmere - I do not want to grow eggplants anymore because they are a pain in the neck.  They have to be staked. fertilized during the season and watered all the time.   I always seem to miss harvesting them on time.  Flea Beetles just destroy the leaves even though they continue to produce they just look horrible.  I have four plants (2 regular size and 2 patio) and we just have not got around to cooking any for various reasons.  The mini's can be harvested at any time before their luster fades.  The max size seems to be about baseball or maybe Q Ball size.  Harvest when they are shinny.

My tomatoes all did exceptionally well as far as production.  My best year yet.  I have dehydrated about 200 grape tomatoes, made tomato powder, frozen tomato sauce (19 cups), frozen stewed tomatoes (9 cups), and frozen roasted tomatoes (4 cups).  But they all now have some kind of fungal disease, looks like early blight.  I did not clip off the diseased leaves or spray with anything after the first few weeks.  I had a super harvest on every variety but they are just too sick and tired.  I should have treated the diseases and given them some fertilizer or compost during the summer.  The heat is causing the flowers to drop now without setting much fruit.  But I am still getting a small number of tomatoes each day especially the Juliet.  It is also diseased but just keeps on pumping out the fruit.
Yeah, eggplant is a difficult vegetable.  I have to admit, I inadvertently left two on last year's plant that spoiled before I got to harvest them.  For me, it seems that the flea beetles are not fatal so long as the plant is very mature when planted in its permanent spot.  Aphids are a pain though.

I've learned how to make my own eggplant parm, and I really like it.  My wife uses the eggplants I give her in Armenian dishes.

It's good you got a chance to see if eggplant works for you.  I find that going through the "trying out" process just makes me a better educated gardener who knows what he wants.

Wow, I am so encouraged to hear your experiences with this year's tomatoes.  Your production is abundant!  Most of my tomatoes are only now starting to blush with color.  I wish you continued success!

Windmere

Male Posts : 1425
Join date : 2013-02-26
Age : 47
Location : Fayetteville, GA - Zone 7B - 8A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 SFG in Brooks, Ga

Post  yolos on 7/23/2015, 1:01 pm

@Marc Iverson wrote:yolos, I had blight last year and trimmed off a huge amount of leaves overall, out there every day, but the plants kept ahead of my cruel-to-be-kind program and produced well anyway.  I think it's a good idea to trim diseased leaves heavily if only to reduce the spread of the disease by letting fewer germs and spores get into the soil and the rest of the environment.

I agree with you about trimming the diseased leaves.  But there are only so many hours in a day and working full time has limited the number of hours available for me to garden.  Also, in my case, I have had early blight every year since I started gardening at my new location.  The first few years I did everything you are supposed to do to keep from getting/spreading early blight.  Nothing worked to keep it coming back every year.  The spores blow up from Florida and we cant avoid them here.  I could use Daconil or Copper Fungicide to try to prevent contracting the fungus, but so far I have elected not to spray and just harvest what I get without spraying.  I attended a lecture by a farmer who has been growing tomatoes in Fayette county for 30 years.  He said, everyone in Fayette County will get Early Blight unless they start a spraying regime as soon as the transplants are put in the ground.  I rotate my tomato beds and only use them for tomatoes every 3  years.  The beds they are growing in this year were last used for tomatoes in 2012.

yolos

Female Posts : 2858
Join date : 2011-11-20
Age : 66
Location : Brooks, Ga Zone 7B/8A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 SFG in Brooks, Ga

Post  Marc Iverson on 7/23/2015, 3:05 pm

Well I guess you can only do what you can do. I've never managed to get completely rid of any bugs or diseases either. And often they've completely won the battle.

Marc Iverson

Male Posts : 3636
Join date : 2013-07-05
Age : 55
Location : SW Oregon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 SFG in Brooks, Ga

Post  yolos on 8/12/2015, 1:15 pm

@yolos wrote:I think I am going to have a mess of Pinkeye Purple Hull peas (Top Pick variety).  These were planted succession style on 6/1, 6/5, 6/21. Total of this bed is 4 x 8.  Look at all those peas.  It won't be long now.  I had to put small fencing up and down the bed to keep them from falling out in the aisle and on top of each other.  I may have put too much fertilizer on this bed.

This next bed of Pinkeye Purple Hull peas was planted 7/4.  I thinned these a lot too keep from having them fall all over the place and I did not put any fertilizer or compost before planting.

I put a soaker hose under that mulch to help with the watering although these southern peas should not need much watering.

Update on my Pinkeye Purple Hull peas 08/12/15.  Here is a picture of my first bed (4' x 8') planted succession style on 6/1, 6/5, 6/21 (from left to right).  The two rows on the left have been producing since 7/24.  They slowed down and are just now putting on new flowers so I expect a second harvest from these two rows in a few weeks.  The row on the right (planted 6/21) has a lot of pea pods and are just starting to ripen.


My third succession planting of Pinkeye Purple Hull Peas (Top Pick) planted on 6/21 just starting to turn.



And my last planting of Silver Queen corn (planted 7/4/15)


Tomatoes are almost dead or dying.  I am still harvesting Juliet grape tomatoes and a couple of slicing tomatoes every once in a while.  Heat and disease have decimated most of the tomatoes.  Here is a shot of one bed with the tomatoes and cucs.  Juliet on the left, cucumber in the middle, Goliath on the right side.



The cucumbers all have downy mildew and now the pickle worms have hit the cucs.  I have not gotten one lemon cuc so don't know what is happening with them.  The are not in my main garden so maybe they are not getting enough pollinators and I have been too busy to hand pollinate them.

My earlier planted zucchini plants all got devoured by SVB.  We did get a couple of dinners from them but none frozen.  My second planting of zuchinni is faring better except at least one plant is now infested with SVB.  Next year I will bring out the tulle and BT.

All my Edamame pants were eaten by some critter.  Wouldn't be deer because the top couple leaves on the tallest plants are still hanging on.  I think it must have been rabbit.



I think my sweet (sweat?) potatoes are doing well but won't know until I pull them. 

My rattlesnake beans and fortex beans have slowed down due to the hot/humid weather but it is beginning to cool off a little so we shall see if they start flowering again.

My Henderson Baby Lima plants are doing great.  I still can't get the time to pick them as often as I like.  So I am just letting them dry on the vine and harvesting them as a dried bean.  We had some last night for dinner and the consensus was to plant them again next year but put a little more salt on them just before finished cooking and something with a little more flavor like bacon.  I was feeding southerners last night and they all like lots of bacon, ham etc flavoring on their beans.

I had great harvests of potatoes, tomatoes, lettuce, rattlesnake beans, and and and.

I have had a normal year with diseases.  But I am learning to keep most plants alive at least a month longer than past years.  I could keep them alive much longer if I were to spray every week with fungicide.  But I have had such a bountiful harvest in all things this year, except the eaten Edamame, I am quite satisfied with my harvest and will only spray fungicides if I think I will not get any harvest.

Oh I forgot about the flowers.  Borage got too big and floppy.  Had to cut it all down.  Marigolds, Cosmos, sunflowers and 4 O'clocks did great.  Here is my tallest sunflower - about 10-12 feet tall.

yolos

Female Posts : 2858
Join date : 2011-11-20
Age : 66
Location : Brooks, Ga Zone 7B/8A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 SFG in Brooks, Ga

Post  AtlantaMarie on 8/12/2015, 2:48 pm

Woo-Hoo!  Looks great!

AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 3774
Join date : 2014-03-18
Age : 53
Location : Buford, GA - Zones 7B/8A

View user profile http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 SFG in Brooks, Ga

Post  Marc Iverson on 8/12/2015, 5:03 pm

Glad you had such a good gardening season, yolos. Your beans especially ... you planted a lot and it sounds and looks like you got a heck of a lot in return.

Bummer that your tomatoes sound about done, but they never seem to last long enough for me, or start early enough. Such is the tomato grower's life.

Nice sunflower!

Marc Iverson

Male Posts : 3636
Join date : 2013-07-05
Age : 55
Location : SW Oregon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 SFG in Brooks, Ga

Post  sanderson on 8/12/2015, 6:02 pm

Thank you for your photos and update. okay

____________________________

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast

sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 12265
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 68
Location : Fresno CA Zone 8-9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 SFG in Brooks, Ga

Post  Windmere on 8/15/2015, 6:02 am

Very nice yolos!  Many of my tomatoes are done too.  I don't want to use fungicide on the remaining ones.  Congrats on your harvests!

Windmere

Male Posts : 1425
Join date : 2013-02-26
Age : 47
Location : Fayetteville, GA - Zone 7B - 8A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 SFG in Brooks, Ga

Post  yolos on 8/29/2015, 9:34 am

It is fall planting season (almost) in Brooks.  I cleaned out three 3 ft x 8 ft beds.  Put up trellises for sweet shell peas.  Will plant the peas on the back 8 squares of each bed.  Then the middle squares will have broccoli.  In the front row of squares I will plant a variety of cool weather veggies - carrots, radish, spinach, leeks, fennel (maybe), Beets (for the first time), Bok Choy, kohlrabi, cabbage, kale and cauliflower. 

I also cleaned out all my 2 ft x 2 ft beds (about 15 beds).  I am going to use these to plant a large number of varieties of lettuce to see what works best in the fall.


Here are the beds almost ready to plant.  I still have to hang the sun cloth that Sanderson recommended.

I hope this years fall garden produces better than last fall's garden.

yolos

Female Posts : 2858
Join date : 2011-11-20
Age : 66
Location : Brooks, Ga Zone 7B/8A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 SFG in Brooks, Ga

Post  AtlantaMarie on 8/29/2015, 10:57 am

Looks great, Yolos!

AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 3774
Join date : 2014-03-18
Age : 53
Location : Buford, GA - Zones 7B/8A

View user profile http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Nice

Post  Windmere on 8/29/2015, 11:38 am

Textbook beautiful, as always yolos.  Be careful with the fennel...   I've read in several places thay it can end up being invasive.  I'm confining mine to a single EarthBox.

Did you find your broccoli transplants yet?

Windmere

Male Posts : 1425
Join date : 2013-02-26
Age : 47
Location : Fayetteville, GA - Zone 7B - 8A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 SFG in Brooks, Ga

Post  yolos on 8/29/2015, 11:59 am

@Windmere wrote:Textbook beautiful, as always yolos.  Be careful with the fennel...   I've read in several places thay it can end up being invasive.  I'm confining mine to a single EarthBox.

Did you find your broccoli transplants yet?

Yes, Pike's had all kinds of fall transplants.  4 pack for $2.49.  Lowe's in Griffin had 9 pack Premium Crop Broccoli for $ 3.49 but there were very few of them at that price.  They were mostly the 4 inch pot for $3.68.  I bet Swints has them now also.  We are supposed to plant the fall transplants about Sept 1 unless we have a heat wave.  I will be planting this coming week after I get my shade cloth installed.

yolos

Female Posts : 2858
Join date : 2011-11-20
Age : 66
Location : Brooks, Ga Zone 7B/8A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 SFG in Brooks, Ga

Post  CapeCoddess on 8/29/2015, 12:35 pm

Looks great, Yolos! fyi, I recently tried starting lettuce seeds directly in the MM and also in cell packs. I had the best germination in the cell packs indoors. Too hot out to start lettuce. I planted 4 squares and averaged 1 out of 9/sq, if any at all.

CC

CapeCoddess

Posts : 5368
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 60
Location : elbow of the Cape, MA, Zone 6b/7a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 SFG in Brooks, Ga

Post  yolos on 8/29/2015, 12:56 pm

Thanks CC.  Yep, last fall I tried direct sowing lettuce outside and did not get a single seed to sprout.  Last spring I tried planting inside using cell packs and it worked great.

yolos

Female Posts : 2858
Join date : 2011-11-20
Age : 66
Location : Brooks, Ga Zone 7B/8A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 SFG in Brooks, Ga

Post  yolos on 8/29/2015, 8:17 pm

Shade Cover is up.  Hopefully, tomorrow I will begin planting in the three 3' x 8' beds.  I did not buy a shade cover for the row of 2 ft x 2 ft beds because I will be starting lettuce seeds indoors and it should be cool enough without shade cloth when I transplant the lettuce outside.


Here are the Pinkeye Purple Hull Peas I picked and shelled today.  I will freeze most of them but I am thinking about making some PurpleHull Pea Fritters.  I have never made them before but it might be a fun trial.  Four cups of peas.

yolos

Female Posts : 2858
Join date : 2011-11-20
Age : 66
Location : Brooks, Ga Zone 7B/8A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 SFG in Brooks, Ga

Post  yolos on 9/1/2015, 5:31 pm

I planted a lot of fall veggies in my three 3' x 8' beds yesterday and today.  In the squares on the left side of each bed I planted 24 squares total of English Shell Peas (8 varieties).  In the middle row of squares in each bed, I planted 24 squares total of Broccoli transplants (Arcadia and Premium Crop).  In the right hand row of squares I planted the following.  4 squares of cauliflower transplants, 2 squares of cabbage transplants, 2 squares carrots,  2 squares of leeks (All American and King Richard), 1 square each of bunching onions, radish, beets, kohlrabi, bok choy and kale.  I still have 8 squares ready to plant spinach when it cools down a little more.

It was 91 degrees in the sun and 88 degrees under the sun shade cloth.  So maybe I will get some germination of my seeds.  Last fall none of my peas germinated more than 25%.  I also put burlap over the squares that I direct seeded to try to keep them moist and keep birds from stealing my seeds.

Planting this early in this heat would not have worked without the shade cloth.  (thanks Sanderson). I get morning sun and in the afternoon the beds are shaded.  After it cools off in a couple of weeks, I  will remove the sun cloth because it really blocks too much sun for normal growth.

yolos

Female Posts : 2858
Join date : 2011-11-20
Age : 66
Location : Brooks, Ga Zone 7B/8A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 SFG in Brooks, Ga

Post  Windmere on 9/1/2015, 10:46 pm

Looking good.  I'll be interested to know how your bok choy comes along.  Some day I might try growing some.

Windmere

Male Posts : 1425
Join date : 2013-02-26
Age : 47
Location : Fayetteville, GA - Zone 7B - 8A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 SFG in Brooks, Ga

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:54 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum