Square Foot Gardening Forum

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.


Search
 
 

Display results as :
 

 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing January 2017
by sanderson Today at 2:09 pm

» 2017 SFG Adventures in Hampstead, NC
by sanderson Today at 2:06 pm

» January: What to plant in Northern California and Central Valley areas
by sanderson Today at 2:05 pm

» Feedback for my 2017 garden plan
by sanderson Today at 2:00 pm

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by countrynaturals Today at 1:49 pm

» Gardening Australia
by trolleydriver Today at 1:34 pm

» How's the Weather Where You're At?
by trolleydriver Today at 1:32 pm

» Show us your kitchen compost container
by CapeCoddess Today at 1:23 pm

» Winter Sowing vs. Winter Growing
by sanderson Today at 12:45 pm

» Turan in the Western Mountains
by sanderson Today at 12:44 pm

» Some of our Gluten-free Cajun Recipes
by sanderson Today at 12:34 pm

» How much to plant?
by camprn Today at 12:21 pm

» Crop rotation
by sanderson Today at 12:02 pm

» Creamy Basil Pesto
by sanderson Today at 11:46 am

» Daikon radishes?
by countrynaturals Today at 11:07 am

» Butterfly Junction
by countrynaturals Today at 11:02 am

» Zera (TM) Food Recycler - kitchen composting
by BeetlesPerSqFt Today at 10:40 am

» CHALLENGE - Smallest possible footprint
by sfg4uKim Today at 8:48 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 11:37 pm

» N & C Midwest: January 2017!
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 11:35 pm

» Friday Rookie Topic X: Marigolds
by MeghanSTL Yesterday at 9:12 pm

» Winter Rye Grass
by camprn Yesterday at 6:31 pm

» Crop Rotation Involving Nightshades
by Turan Yesterday at 4:23 pm

» Sad News from Jimmy Cee
by Turan Yesterday at 1:04 pm

» Hola from Southern Ecuador
by Cats Yesterday at 11:51 am

» Cover Crops??
by camprn Yesterday at 11:20 am

» Anyone want walking onions??
by RoOsTeR Yesterday at 7:43 am

» My rapini is scaring me
by Scorpio Rising 1/15/2017, 10:42 pm

» who has chickens
by countrynaturals 1/15/2017, 9:05 pm

» "Virtual" Roadtrip of the Desert and Old West
by countrynaturals 1/15/2017, 11:39 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

Senseless Banter...

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  AtlantaMarie on 1/17/2016, 8:16 pm

Oh, yeah! I saw that too!

Underneath it, in a Suggested Post, a nurse actually did an experiment to see if plants feel pain. Unfortunately, I didn't get to watch the entire thing... But ether apparently puts them out, just like humans!

AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 3906
Join date : 2014-03-18
Age : 53
Location : Buford, GA - Zones 7B/8A

View user profile http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  martha on 1/19/2016, 2:53 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov5Jgw_Nwx4

I've heard the screams of the vegetables...

martha

Female Posts : 2188
Join date : 2010-03-03
Age : 59
Location : Acton, Massachusetts Zone 5b/6a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  sanderson on 1/20/2016, 10:05 pm

For those of you suffering from the winter blahs:  Marie, thank you for sharing

____________________________

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast

sanderson

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 12633
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 68
Location : Fresno CA Zone 8-9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  Scorpio Rising on 1/20/2016, 10:31 pm

And counting......lol

Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 4009
Join date : 2015-06-12
Age : 55
Location : Ada, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  AtlantaMarie on 1/21/2016, 1:53 pm

I hate winter... I REALLY need to move to Florida. And the beach! I've got family in Delray Beach. Wonder if I could move in with them... Not sure what DH would say, though....

AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 3906
Join date : 2014-03-18
Age : 53
Location : Buford, GA - Zones 7B/8A

View user profile http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  Kelejan on 1/22/2016, 12:49 am

@sanderson wrote:For those of you suffering from the winter blahs:  Marie, thank you for sharing

Oh, Goody; now it must be less than 60 days by now.

Kelejan

Female Posts : 4609
Join date : 2011-04-24
Age : 81
Location : Castlegar, British Columbia

View user profile http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  boffer on 1/23/2016, 3:54 pm

@Scorpio Rising wrote:Take it from an ED nurse, nobody cares about your undies!  Lol!  We were all told that though, and even I think it sometimes too thinking

I know two RNs who became BFFs while working in the ER.  Not long after the oldest retired, she fell and broke her pelvis at home.

Knowing what procedures lay ahead, and realizing that she would know just about every medical person she would encounter, it suddenly became important to change out of her everyday undies into her best pair of panties, while she waited for the EMTs to arrive!  With a broken pelvis!

As luck would have it, her BFF in the ER was the person who prepped her for tests and surgery.   She grabbed a pair of scissors, and in an instant, had those expensive panties cut up into pieces before the patient knew what was happening.

As this is a family friendly forum, I can't detail the patient's response after realizing what just happened.  Suffice to say that she made sure every hospital employee she encountered during her X-rays, and all the way to the OR table, knew how upset she was that her BFF ruined her best panties!

Broken pelvis: meh!  Ruined panties: BIG deal!  Razz

boffer

Male Posts : 7392
Join date : 2010-02-26
Age : 63
Location : yelm, wa, usa

View user profile http://boffer.us/

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  Scorpio Rising on 1/23/2016, 8:28 pm

lol!
@boffer wrote:
@Scorpio Rising wrote:Take it from an ED nurse, nobody cares about your undies!  Lol!  We were all told that though, and even I think it sometimes too thinking

I know two RNs who became BFFs while working in the ER.  Not long after the oldest retired, she fell and broke her pelvis at home.

Knowing what procedures lay ahead, and realizing that she would know just about every medical person she would encounter, it suddenly became important to change out of her everyday undies into her best pair of panties, while she waited for the EMTs to arrive!  With a broken pelvis!

As luck would have it, her BFF in the ER was the person who prepped her for tests and surgery.   She grabbed a pair of scissors, and in an instant, had those expensive panties cut up into pieces before the patient knew what was happening.

As this is a family friendly forum, I can't detail the patient's response after realizing what just happened.  Suffice to say that she made sure every hospital employee she encountered during her X-rays, and all the way to the OR table, knew how upset she was that her BFF ruined her best panties!

Broken pelvis: meh!  Ruined panties: BIG deal!  Razz

lol! funny post that is so true, nobody really cares at all! No judging, we are totally focused on your physical issue!

Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 4009
Join date : 2015-06-12
Age : 55
Location : Ada, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  sanderson on 1/24/2016, 1:29 am

rofl

____________________________

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast

sanderson

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 12633
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 68
Location : Fresno CA Zone 8-9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  plantoid on 1/24/2016, 10:02 am

@Scorpio Rising wrote: lol!
@boffer wrote:
@Scorpio Rising wrote:Take it from an ED nurse, nobody cares about your undies!  Lol!  We were all told that though, and even I think it sometimes too thinking

I know two RNs who became BFFs while working in the ER.  Not long after the oldest retired, she fell and broke her pelvis at home.

Knowing what procedures lay ahead, and realizing that she would know just about every medical person she would encounter, it suddenly became important to change out of her everyday undies into her best pair of panties, while she waited for the EMTs to arrive!  With a broken pelvis!

As luck would have it, her BFF in the ER was the person who prepped her for tests and surgery.   She grabbed a pair of scissors, and in an instant, had those expensive panties cut up into pieces before the patient knew what was happening.

As this is a family friendly forum, I can't detail the patient's response after realizing what just happened.  Suffice to say that she made sure every hospital employee she encountered during her X-rays, and all the way to the OR table, knew how upset she was that her BFF ruined her best panties!

Broken pelvis: meh!  Ruined panties: BIG deal!  Razz

lol! funny post that is so true, nobody really cares at all!  No judging, we are totally focused on your physical issue!  
 Cor ,  I'm a male , thank goodness for that on the day I fell over ,

Though I'm sure that the ER team did give me some sneaky sideways strange looks because of the black & red lace trimmings being on mine .
I don't think  they  belived me when I said I got dressed in a rush in the dark(  as it was mid summers day )  Embarassed

plantoid

Male Posts : 3652
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 66

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  Scorpio Rising on 1/24/2016, 11:16 am

Hey, some of us just like funner undies!  Lol


Last edited by Scorpio Rising on 1/24/2016, 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Not funnier, darn spell correct!)

Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 4009
Join date : 2015-06-12
Age : 55
Location : Ada, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  sanderson on 1/27/2016, 4:23 pm


Thinking of Plantoid

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/welsh-roots-americas-wild-west-10763096

____________________________

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast

sanderson

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 12633
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 68
Location : Fresno CA Zone 8-9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  Scorpio Rising on 1/27/2016, 6:41 pm

Interesting, thanks Sanderson. The tag lines/headlines are so much more fun on Wales online than here in the states.....funny/witty!

Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 4009
Join date : 2015-06-12
Age : 55
Location : Ada, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  sanderson on 2/7/2016, 5:00 pm

CapeCoddess posted this in "Turned the Pile Today." For your listening enjoyment.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-iP27eatYxE

____________________________

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast

sanderson

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 12633
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 68
Location : Fresno CA Zone 8-9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Bubbles

Post  trolleydriver on 2/28/2016, 6:16 pm

Nothing to do with gardening ... 

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/KMrvR836TFI?rel=0

trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 2395
Join date : 2015-05-04
Age : 69
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  Kelejan on 2/28/2016, 6:42 pm

I wonder if they would be any good when making compost tea?

Kelejan

Female Posts : 4609
Join date : 2011-04-24
Age : 81
Location : Castlegar, British Columbia

View user profile http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  Scorpio Rising on 2/28/2016, 8:00 pm

Drenched in bubbliness!

Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 4009
Join date : 2015-06-12
Age : 55
Location : Ada, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  plantoid on 2/29/2016, 6:37 am

Wink  You need to be much more careful Sanderson , I notice you keep bumping into things these days Laughing

plantoid

Male Posts : 3652
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 66

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  AtlantaMarie on 2/29/2016, 7:58 am

LOL!

AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 3906
Join date : 2014-03-18
Age : 53
Location : Buford, GA - Zones 7B/8A

View user profile http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  CapeCoddess on 2/29/2016, 10:10 am

@trolleydriver wrote:Nothing to do with gardening ... 

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/KMrvR836TFI?rel=0

That's so much fun!  Gives new meaning to bubble dancer.
Embarassed
CC

CapeCoddess

Posts : 5436
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 60
Location : elbow of the Cape, MA, Zone 6b/7a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  plantoid on 3/1/2016, 5:36 pm

Here in th UK today we have a strange news article ..
Within an 8 mile radius folk are finding someone has  caught their cats and shaved part of their bodies .. some cats have been shaved twice other severl more time over th last thre years ..

Here is a link for it

" dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3470368/Riddle-Cotswolds-cat-shaver-s-taking-clippers-pets-string-random-attacks. "


What a Face    Now shaving a pussy for no reason is a strange thing , who'd do it ,, could it be a Brazillian ?  Embarassed   Laughing

plantoid

Male Posts : 3652
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 66

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  Cajun Cappy on 3/1/2016, 7:13 pm

I thought of several witty responces to this post but any of them would prolly get me banned from the forum so I will keep my ............shaving comments to my self. Twisted Evil

Cajun Cappy

Male Posts : 553
Join date : 2014-12-06
Age : 58
Location : South Louisiana zone 10

View user profile http://cappyandpegody.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  Scorpio Rising on 3/1/2016, 9:05 pm

Ditto.....lol

Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 4009
Join date : 2015-06-12
Age : 55
Location : Ada, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  AtlantaMarie on 3/2/2016, 7:58 am

Things that make you go, "hmmmmmm....."

AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 3906
Join date : 2014-03-18
Age : 53
Location : Buford, GA - Zones 7B/8A

View user profile http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  trolleydriver on 3/2/2016, 1:42 pm

Changing the subject ...

When it comes to SFG are we in a race or a marathon?

Some humour (humor).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwzjlmBLfrQ

trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 2395
Join date : 2015-05-04
Age : 69
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:17 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum