Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.


[/td][/tr][/table]
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 

 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Disappointed...Italian Long Hots...and tomatoes
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 5:45 pm

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Judy McConnell Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» Today's Harvest
by brianj555 Yesterday at 2:20 pm

» N&C Midwest; November Already? 2017
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 10:49 am

» The Winter Journey and greenhouse plastic
by has55 Yesterday at 6:26 am

» New England Nov 2017
by trolleydriver 11/23/2017, 8:53 am

» Northern California & Coastal Valleys - What are you doing this month?
by trolleydriver 11/23/2017, 8:49 am

» Happy Thanksgiving All!
by AtlantaMarie 11/23/2017, 8:26 am

» Birds of the Garden
by Scorpio Rising 11/22/2017, 9:01 pm

» Holy snow Batman!
by trolleydriver 11/22/2017, 3:44 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by sanderson 11/22/2017, 12:33 pm

» Microgreens Gardening
by AtlantaMarie 11/22/2017, 11:55 am

» My new compost heap
by AtlantaMarie 11/22/2017, 8:20 am

» 2017: First full year of SFGing in ND
by Robbomb116 11/21/2017, 11:55 am

» Alternative cover to straw for overwintering strawberries.
by BeetlesPerSqFt 11/21/2017, 9:38 am

» First Frost!
by brianj555 11/20/2017, 3:27 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by BeetlesPerSqFt 11/20/2017, 11:29 am

» How Many Square Feet Do You Have?
by BeetlesPerSqFt 11/20/2017, 8:56 am

» Tomato Questions
by brianj555 11/19/2017, 11:07 am

» BOOK GIVEAWAY #5 - ENDS 11/17/17
by brianj555 11/18/2017, 4:12 pm

» What I learned this year
by countrynaturals 11/18/2017, 1:45 pm

» How's the Weather Where You're At?
by trolleydriver 11/18/2017, 9:26 am

» First Tromboncino female flower
by countrynaturals 11/17/2017, 5:51 pm

» Third Year SFG in Canada
by trolleydriver 11/17/2017, 1:59 pm

» Free lunaria seeds
by hammock gal 11/17/2017, 10:12 am

» Plastic containers / trash cans?
by sanderson 11/16/2017, 10:33 pm

» Mels book
by Scorpio Rising 11/16/2017, 7:04 pm

» Mid-Atl - Nov 2017 - Warming Up AGAIN?
by sanderson 11/16/2017, 4:17 pm

» 2017 SFG in Brooks, Ga
by Turan 11/15/2017, 4:59 pm

» Goodbye to my SFG Raised Beds
by Turan 11/15/2017, 4:41 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Senseless Banter...

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  sanderson on 6/6/2017, 5:14 am

Razz

____________________________

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
avatar
sanderson

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14948
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 69
Location : Fresno CA Zone 8-9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  Kelejan on 6/29/2017, 3:13 pm

Amazon, much in the news, ten years ago was dubbed "The River of No Returns".

It still has that title, as up to last Tuesday, it has not returned a single penny to investors.

I think I would stick to my "Blue Chips", if I had any.  They are only as valuable as long as everyone manages to sell their investments to others.
avatar
Kelejan

Female Posts : 4998
Join date : 2011-04-24
Age : 82
Location : Castlegar, British Columbia

View user profile http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  CapeCoddess on 6/29/2017, 3:27 pm

@Kelejan wrote:Amazon, much in the news, ten years ago was dubbed "The River of No Returns".

It still has that title, as up to last Tuesday, it has not returned a single penny to investors.

I think I would stick to my "Blue Chips", if I had any.  They are only as valuable as long as everyone manages to sell their investments to others.

But the stock price has grown substantially over 10 yrs....from $70 to $987. Wish I'd bought some 10 yrs ago. Rolling Eyes
avatar
CapeCoddess

Posts : 6478
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 61
Location : elbow of the Cape, MA, Zone 6b/7a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  trolleydriver on 6/29/2017, 4:12 pm

@CapeCoddess wrote:
@Kelejan wrote:Amazon, much in the news, ten years ago was dubbed "The River of No Returns".

It still has that title, as up to last Tuesday, it has not returned a single penny to investors.

I think I would stick to my "Blue Chips", if I had any.  They are only as valuable as long as everyone manages to sell their investments to others.

But the stock price has grown substantially over 10 yrs....from $70 to $987.  Wish I'd bought some 10 yrs ago. Rolling Eyes
Amazon is one of the FANG stocks ... FANG = Facebook, Amazon, Netflix and Google. Some people think these stocks are like the tech stocks of the late 1990s early 2000s which led to the dotcom crash. I will not go anywhere near these stocks at their current very high valuations. Looking at the chart for AMZN it looks like it may have put in a double top. It has dropped down and touched the 50 day moving average (50 dma) and if it loses that level it could easily drop down another $125 to the 200 dma.

____________________________

Ottawa, Canada
Find more about Weather in Ottawa, CA
Click for weather forecast
avatar
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 3874
Join date : 2015-05-04
Age : 70
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  Kelejan on 6/29/2017, 6:46 pm

@trolleydriver wrote:
@CapeCoddess wrote:
@Kelejan wrote:Amazon, much in the news, ten years ago was dubbed "The River of No Returns".

It still has that title, as up to last Tuesday, it has not returned a single penny to investors.

I think I would stick to my "Blue Chips", if I had any.  They are only as valuable as long as everyone manages to sell their investments to others.

But the stock price has grown substantially over 10 yrs....from $70 to $987.  Wish I'd bought some 10 yrs ago. Rolling Eyes
Amazon is one of the FANG stocks ... FANG = Facebook, Amazon, Netflix and Google. Some people think these stocks are like the tech stocks of the late 1990s early 2000s which led to the dotcom crash. I will not go anywhere near these stocks at their current very high valuations. Looking at the chart for AMZN it looks like it may have put in a double top. It has dropped down and touched the 50 day moving average (50 dma) and if it loses that level it could easily drop down another $125 to the 200 dma.

 All these stocks are just plain gambling.  IMO they are not worth anything, they could disappear in a flash. If/when that happens, there will be many people who would suffer bankruptcy or hard times.
avatar
Kelejan

Female Posts : 4998
Join date : 2011-04-24
Age : 82
Location : Castlegar, British Columbia

View user profile http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  sanderson on 6/29/2017, 8:01 pm

We all wish we could have advisors like Forrest Gump had, that fruit company Apple.

____________________________

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
avatar
sanderson

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14948
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 69
Location : Fresno CA Zone 8-9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  trolleydriver on 6/29/2017, 8:05 pm

@sanderson wrote:We all wish we could have advisors like Forrest Gump had, that fruit company Apple.
+1

____________________________

Ottawa, Canada
Find more about Weather in Ottawa, CA
Click for weather forecast
avatar
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 3874
Join date : 2015-05-04
Age : 70
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  sanderson on 7/1/2017, 3:04 am

For those who enjoy architectural art: https://www.codaworx.com/awards/codaawards/2017/top100/

____________________________

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
avatar
sanderson

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14948
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 69
Location : Fresno CA Zone 8-9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  Kelejan on 7/1/2017, 8:50 am

Thanks sanderson.  Some beautiful artwork there.  It is amazing what is in people's minds. Much of this could not be produced without the current technology.
avatar
Kelejan

Female Posts : 4998
Join date : 2011-04-24
Age : 82
Location : Castlegar, British Columbia

View user profile http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  trolleydriver on 7/1/2017, 9:31 am

Explaining Canada Day to America.

[ltr]youtu.be/biq0NAF2e60[/ltr]

____________________________

Ottawa, Canada
Find more about Weather in Ottawa, CA
Click for weather forecast
avatar
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 3874
Join date : 2015-05-04
Age : 70
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  trolleydriver on 7/10/2017, 9:47 am

Combination BBQ and cooler.  When you are finished barbecuing and the ice has melted. just pull the handle and the fire goes out.

____________________________

Ottawa, Canada
Find more about Weather in Ottawa, CA
Click for weather forecast
avatar
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 3874
Join date : 2015-05-04
Age : 70
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  yolos on 7/10/2017, 10:08 am

@trolleydriver wrote:Combination BBQ and cooler.  When you are finished barbecuing and the ice has melted. just pull the handle and the fire goes out.
lol!
avatar
yolos

Female Posts : 3291
Join date : 2011-11-20
Age : 67
Location : Brooks, Ga Zone 7B/8A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  CapeCoddess on 7/10/2017, 10:59 am

pull the handle and the fire goes out....
darn funny
Good Monday morning guffaw! Thanks.
avatar
CapeCoddess

Posts : 6478
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 61
Location : elbow of the Cape, MA, Zone 6b/7a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  sanderson on 7/10/2017, 3:58 pm

rofl

____________________________

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
avatar
sanderson

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14948
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 69
Location : Fresno CA Zone 8-9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  Kelejan on 7/10/2017, 9:18 pm

Funny, but not really my cup of tea. Very Happy
avatar
Kelejan

Female Posts : 4998
Join date : 2011-04-24
Age : 82
Location : Castlegar, British Columbia

View user profile http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  trolleydriver on 7/12/2017, 3:44 pm

Cloudy with showers again today.  This weather is really getting to me.  So I remembered a song from my childhood in England. The title is "Singing the Blues" and the artist is Tommy Steele. I remember my mother taking me to his concert in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. That was back in the 1950s.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N89x3IxKdEc

And in 2004 ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxpNnr7v7SU

BTW, Tommy Steele became a Broadway and London stage actor.

____________________________

Ottawa, Canada
Find more about Weather in Ottawa, CA
Click for weather forecast
avatar
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 3874
Join date : 2015-05-04
Age : 70
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  trolleydriver on 7/17/2017, 1:26 pm

I'm sorry to inform everyone that I am going to spending time in prison.

I have an appointment to show up at the Kingston Penitentiary in Kingston, Ontario on Thursday afternoon.

Mrs TD will be going with me.

https://www.kingstonpentour.com/



____________________________

Ottawa, Canada
Find more about Weather in Ottawa, CA
Click for weather forecast
avatar
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 3874
Join date : 2015-05-04
Age : 70
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

senseless banter

Post  kauairosina on 7/17/2017, 2:31 pm

Sounds like fine trip and I enjoyed Tommy Steele.
avatar
kauairosina

Female Posts : 644
Join date : 2014-01-16
Age : 82
Location : Lawai, Hawaii, 96765

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  Kelejan on 7/17/2017, 5:48 pm

@trolleydriver wrote:I'm sorry to inform everyone that I am going to spending time in prison.

I have an appointment to show up at the Kingston Penitentiary in Kingston, Ontario on Thursday afternoon.

Mrs TD will be going with me.

https://www.kingstonpentour.com/


Just in case you get wrongly incarcerated, perhaps you can offer something like how to SFG while there.  Very Happy
avatar
Kelejan

Female Posts : 4998
Join date : 2011-04-24
Age : 82
Location : Castlegar, British Columbia

View user profile http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  Kelejan on 7/17/2017, 5:50 pm

I remember Tommy Steele very well.  Very energetic young lad.  He must be something like my age now but of course I will always remember him as forever young.
avatar
Kelejan

Female Posts : 4998
Join date : 2011-04-24
Age : 82
Location : Castlegar, British Columbia

View user profile http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

senseless banter

Post  kauairosina on 7/17/2017, 6:22 pm

Tommy is alive and well according to my friend Wikipedia.
avatar
kauairosina

Female Posts : 644
Join date : 2014-01-16
Age : 82
Location : Lawai, Hawaii, 96765

View user profile

Back to top Go down

senseless banter

Post  kauairosina on 7/17/2017, 8:31 pm

Oh my!! I just spent more time than I should on Tommy Steele videos.  Incredible talents.
avatar
kauairosina

Female Posts : 644
Join date : 2014-01-16
Age : 82
Location : Lawai, Hawaii, 96765

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  trolleydriver on 7/17/2017, 11:27 pm

@kauairosina wrote:Oh my!! I just spent more time than I should on Tommy Steele videos.  Incredible talents.
I'm curious to find out how someone in Hawaii knows about Tommy Steele. Did you know about him from the past or just from my earlier post?

____________________________

Ottawa, Canada
Find more about Weather in Ottawa, CA
Click for weather forecast
avatar
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 3874
Join date : 2015-05-04
Age : 70
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

senseless banter

Post  kauairosina on 7/18/2017, 3:40 am

TD - I never,ever, heard of him before your post.  Thanks for  the inspiration.

Aloha
Kauairosina
avatar
kauairosina

Female Posts : 644
Join date : 2014-01-16
Age : 82
Location : Lawai, Hawaii, 96765

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  trolleydriver on 7/18/2017, 7:46 am

@kauairosina wrote:TD - I never,ever, heard of him before your post.  Thanks for  the inspiration.

Aloha
Kauairosina



Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy  

____________________________

Ottawa, Canada
Find more about Weather in Ottawa, CA
Click for weather forecast
avatar
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 3874
Join date : 2015-05-04
Age : 70
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Senseless Banter...

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum