Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.


[/td][/tr][/table]
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 

 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» California's Drought
by countrynaturals Today at 2:21 pm

» Newbie from Ayrshire, West Coast of Scotland
by sanderson Today at 1:57 pm

» Today's Harvest
by countrynaturals Today at 11:58 am

» Biochar?
by countrynaturals Today at 11:54 am

» Any Strange and Wonderful Visitors? Photos please!
by countrynaturals Today at 11:34 am

» Butterfly Junction
by countrynaturals Today at 11:31 am

» How's the Weather Where You're At?
by countrynaturals Today at 11:27 am

» My Compost Bin
by SQWIB Today at 7:36 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson Today at 3:38 am

» A great offer for a local SFG,er
by sanderson Today at 3:07 am

» Hello from Gilbert, AZ
by LizDTM Today at 12:21 am

» N & C Midwest: October 2017!
by BeetlesPerSqFt Yesterday at 11:42 pm

» How to Grow Better Tomatoes
by countrynaturals Yesterday at 7:59 pm

» Carrot Week 2017!
by countrynaturals Yesterday at 7:54 pm

» Helpful Beetles
by countrynaturals Yesterday at 7:45 pm

» Does MM improve with age?
by countrynaturals Yesterday at 7:41 pm

» to mulch or not to mulch
by sanderson Yesterday at 7:36 pm

» Northern California & Coastal Valleys - What are you doing this month?
by sanderson Yesterday at 7:29 pm

» Gardening in Central Pennsylvania, 3rd year SFG
by BeetlesPerSqFt Yesterday at 7:19 pm

» Garlic Growing Lovers
by SQWIB Yesterday at 5:31 pm

» Gardening & Homesteading Skills Summit REGISTER NOW!
by countrynaturals Yesterday at 11:23 am

» How much room for Tromboncino zucchini?
by countrynaturals Yesterday at 11:08 am

» Third Year SFG in Canada
by trolleydriver Yesterday at 10:20 am

» Thumbs Up????
by sanderson Yesterday at 10:03 am

» More Bad News for Bugs
by SQWIB Yesterday at 9:57 am

» What weed? is this? (with pic)
by sanderson Yesterday at 2:57 am

» Senseless Banter...
by Scorpio Rising 10/18/2017, 8:26 pm

» Lower south Oct 2017
by brianj555 10/17/2017, 5:02 pm

» Sowing Experiment! Anyone Tried This?
by brianj555 10/17/2017, 4:50 pm

» BOOK GIVEAWAY - ENDS 10/20/17
by CapeCoddess 10/17/2017, 3:48 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

the day of mourning, but this also will pass

View previous topic View next topic Go down

the day of mourning, but this also will pass

Post  has55 on 11/20/2016, 6:18 pm

melon died this AM from the light freeze last night,







But one made it. picked last night. will check other on monday when I returned from work in AM. No frost tonight.
avatar
has55

Posts : 1666
Join date : 2012-05-10
Location : Denton, tx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the day of mourning, but this also will pass

Post  AtlantaMarie on 11/20/2016, 7:55 pm

Wow, that looks good..... (Insert emoticon w/ smiley face beating fork against the table here.)

Were you able to get seeds for next year from it?
avatar
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4273
Join date : 2014-03-18
Age : 54
Location : Buford, GA - Zones 7B/8A

View user profile http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Re: the day of mourning, but this also will pass

Post  has55 on 11/21/2016, 2:23 am

AtlantaMarie wrote:Wow, that looks good.....  (Insert emoticon w/ smiley face beating fork against the table here.)

Were you able to get seeds for next year from it?

I never thought about it. I haven't got to that point in my SFG journey. It make sense. Do I just let it dry out , then use it next year?
avatar
has55

Posts : 1666
Join date : 2012-05-10
Location : Denton, tx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the day of mourning, but this also will pass

Post  sanderson on 11/21/2016, 2:44 am

Lovely watermelon!

____________________________

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
avatar
sanderson

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14779
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 68
Location : Fresno CA Zone 8-9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the day of mourning, but this also will pass

Post  AtlantaMarie on 11/21/2016, 7:15 am

has55 wrote:
AtlantaMarie wrote:Wow, that looks good.....  (Insert emoticon w/ smiley face beating fork against the table here.)

Were you able to get seeds for next year from it?

I never thought about it. I haven't got to that point in my SFG journey. It make sense. Do I just let it dry out , then use it next year?

Rinse them good to get all the gook off, then dry on paper towels or a plate for a couple or 3 weeks. Then store with your other seeds in a cool, dark place.
avatar
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4273
Join date : 2014-03-18
Age : 54
Location : Buford, GA - Zones 7B/8A

View user profile http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Re: the day of mourning, but this also will pass

Post  has55 on 11/21/2016, 9:12 pm

AtlantaMarie wrote:
has55 wrote:
AtlantaMarie wrote:Wow, that looks good.....  (Insert emoticon w/ smiley face beating fork against the table here.)

Were you able to get seeds for next year from it?

I never thought about it. I haven't got to that point in my SFG journey. It make sense. Do I just let it dry out , then use it next year?

Rinse them good to get all the gook off, then dry on paper towels or a plate for a couple or 3 weeks.  Then store with your other seeds in a cool, dark place.
Thank you AM. Will give it a try. Very Happy
avatar
has55

Posts : 1666
Join date : 2012-05-10
Location : Denton, tx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the day of mourning, but this also will pass

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum