Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.


[/td][/tr][/table]
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 

 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Northern California & Coastal Valleys - What are you doing this month?
by trolleydriver Today at 2:31 pm

» Vermiculite on the out in Ontario?
by trolleydriver Today at 2:29 pm

» Tomato Tuesday 2018
by countrynaturals Today at 2:00 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by sanderson Today at 1:29 pm

» 2018 SFG in Brooks, GA
by sanderson Today at 1:25 pm

» 6 or 12 inch box for growing cherry tomatoes?
by AtlantaMarie Today at 11:39 am

» Fourth Year SFG in Canada
by trolleydriver Today at 11:06 am

» Jimmys new SFG beds in development.
by sanderson Today at 3:08 am

» Adding Soil to Mel's Mix
by sanderson Today at 3:03 am

» N&C Midwest - April 2018–Snuck up on me!
by sanderson Today at 2:52 am

» New England April 2018
by sanderson Today at 2:49 am

» How's the Weather Where You're At?
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 7:06 pm

» April Avatar: Spring is HERE!
by sanderson Yesterday at 4:18 pm

» Salvia
by sanderson Yesterday at 3:42 pm

» Best drip system and timer?
by No_Such_Reality Yesterday at 12:59 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by jimmy cee Yesterday at 12:05 am

» Our Raised Garden Beds
by jimmy cee 4/19/2018, 11:53 pm

» anyone use fulvic acid before?
by sanderson 4/19/2018, 10:51 pm

» hantavirus
by RJARPCGP 4/19/2018, 7:42 pm

» Hello From Vermont
by RJARPCGP 4/19/2018, 6:09 pm

» Bird's Eye View of Your Garden
by countrynaturals 4/19/2018, 10:55 am

» 2nd year SFG in ND
by Robbomb116 4/18/2018, 11:29 am

» Bird baths with solar powered pump
by sanderson 4/18/2018, 4:43 am

» Hi from Buffalo
by sanderson 4/18/2018, 3:51 am

» CANADIAN REGION:what are you doing in April 2018?
by Kelejan 4/17/2018, 3:57 pm

» Hello from Kentucky!
by AtlantaMarie 4/17/2018, 7:31 am

» Hello from Linn County Oregon!
by AtlantaMarie 4/17/2018, 7:25 am

» Turan in the Western Mountains
by sanderson 4/17/2018, 2:22 am

» Goodbye to my SFG Raised Beds
by jimmy cee 4/16/2018, 11:03 pm

» Sanderson's Urban SFG in Fresno, California
by trolleydriver 4/16/2018, 8:40 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

1st Seed Catalog Arrived :)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: 1st Seed Catalog Arrived :)

Post  countrynaturals on 12/8/2017, 6:17 pm

@sanderson wrote:Baker Creek catalog arrived!  Can't wait to cuddle up with it.
That's what I've been doing for 2 days. May have to take out a 2nd on the house and maybe start a GoFundMe page, but I'M BUYING! study
avatar
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 3259
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

View user profile http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Seed Catalog Arrived :)

Post  countrynaturals on 12/8/2017, 6:19 pm

Got SeedSavers, too. Haven't cracked that one open, yet. Razz
avatar
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 3259
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

View user profile http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Seed Catalog Arrived :)

Post  countrynaturals on 12/9/2017, 11:39 am

@countrynaturals wrote:
@sanderson wrote:Baker Creek catalog arrived!  Can't wait to cuddle up with it.
That's what I've been doing for 2 days. May have to take out a 2nd on the house and maybe start a GoFundMe page, but I'M BUYING! study
Here's my first pass:

P. 18 - Scarlet Strawberry
P. 22 - Blauhilde Purple Beans
P. 23 - Dragon Tongue
P. 26 - Henderson's Bush Lima
P. 28 - Chinese Red Noodle

Can you believe I'm only on the "B"s? Rolling Eyes I had already decided not to buy anything new for 2018 when this irresistible temptation appeared in my mailbox. Shocked
avatar
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 3259
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

View user profile http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Seed Catalog Arrived :)

Post  countrynaturals on 12/9/2017, 12:41 pm

@countrynaturals wrote:
@countrynaturals wrote:
@sanderson wrote:Baker Creek catalog arrived!  Can't wait to cuddle up with it.
That's what I've been doing for 2 days. May have to take out a 2nd on the house and maybe start a GoFundMe page, but I'M BUYING! study
Here's my first pass:

P. 18 - Scarlet Strawberry
P. 22 - Blauhilde Purple Beans
P. 23 - Dragon Tongue
P. 26 - Henderson's Bush Lima
P. 28 - Chinese Red Noodle

Can you believe I'm only on the "B"s? Rolling Eyes I had already decided not to buy anything new for 2018 when this irresistible temptation appeared in my mailbox. Shocked
Okay, here's the rest:

P. 31 - Red Rubine Brussels Sprouts
P. 35 - Atomic Red Carrots
P. 61 - Celtuce - can't wait to try this. Anybody else ever grow it?
P. 64 - Charentais Melon
P. 66 - Boule D'Or Melon
P. 107 - Orangeglo Watermelon
P. 127 - Red Cherry Marigold


I think that's it. I'm afraid to add it up. affraid
avatar
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 3259
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

View user profile http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Seed Catalog Arrived :)

Post  sanderson on 12/9/2017, 3:53 pm

Looks like you are going for colors in 2018. Very Happy

____________________________

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
avatar
sanderson

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 15787
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 69
Location : Fresno CA Zone 8-9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Seed Catalog Arrived :)

Post  countrynaturals on 12/9/2017, 4:11 pm

@sanderson wrote:Looks like you are going for colors in 2018.  Very Happy
LOL! I didn't even notice that. Boy, am I easy or what? Embarassed Rolling Eyes
avatar
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 3259
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

View user profile http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Seed Catalog Arrived :)

Post  plantoid on 12/9/2017, 4:19 pm

I got two one yesterday & one this morning .
 The expensive one was ordered via the internet . the cheap one is an automatic reorder every year we buy their seeds .
 
 What has irked me is that both are doing the 60 seeds of £ 1.99 ( $ 3 )  when two years ago it was 250 or 750 for £1.50 .
Still it's cheaper than buying 60 cabbages at £ 0. 89each & I'll have fresh seed for the next three years as well .

 I've kept back broad , runner , dwarf French beans , marrow fat , mange tout peas &  garlic .  Money maker , , sunburst . beefsteak  tomatoes  & Josh's giant cabbage seeds from this years crops  so things areen't going to be so expensive .
avatar
plantoid

Male Posts : 3798
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Seed Catalog Arrived :)

Post  countrynaturals on 12/10/2017, 12:00 pm

@countrynaturals wrote:
@countrynaturals wrote:
@countrynaturals wrote:
@sanderson wrote:Baker Creek catalog arrived!  Can't wait to cuddle up with it.
That's what I've been doing for 2 days. May have to take out a 2nd on the house and maybe start a GoFundMe page, but I'M BUYING! study
Here's my first pass:

P. 18 - Scarlet Strawberry
P. 22 - Blauhilde Purple Beans
P. 23 - Dragon Tongue
P. 26 - Henderson's Bush Lima
P. 28 - Chinese Red Noodle

Can you believe I'm only on the "B"s? Rolling Eyes I had already decided not to buy anything new for 2018 when this irresistible temptation appeared in my mailbox. Shocked
Okay, here's the rest:

P. 31 - Red Rubine Brussels Sprouts
P. 35 - Atomic Red Carrots
P. 61 - Celtuce - can't wait to try this. Anybody else ever grow it?
P. 64 - Charentais Melon
P. 66 - Boule D'Or Melon
P. 107 - Orangeglo Watermelon
P. 127 - Red Cherry Marigold


I think that's it. I'm afraid to add it up. affraid
If anyone wants to try any of these, I'd be happy to share some.
avatar
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 3259
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

View user profile http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Seed Catalog Arrived :)

Post  Scorpio Rising on 12/11/2017, 6:40 pm

I have grown the blauhilde beans, excellent and easy to find.  Charentais melons are great.  Atomic red carrot not a fan.  Pretty, though.
avatar
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 5830
Join date : 2015-06-12
Age : 56
Location : Ada, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Seed Catalog Arrived :)

Post  countrynaturals on 12/12/2017, 11:46 am

@Scorpio Rising wrote:I have grown the blauhilde beans, excellent and easy to find.  Charentais melons are great.  Atomic red carrot not a fan.  Pretty, though.
Uh-oh -- why not the Atomic red carrots? If they aren't wonderful, I don't want to waste time, space, and water on them. Shocked
avatar
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 3259
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

View user profile http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Seed Catalog Arrived :)

Post  trolleydriver on 12/12/2017, 4:46 pm

Baker Creek informed me that they will be posting photos of my Dreadlocks Amaranth on their Facebook page at 8:30am CST on December 13.
Very Happy

____________________________

Ottawa, Canada
Find more about Weather in Ottawa, CA
Click for weather forecast
avatar
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 4264
Join date : 2015-05-04
Age : 70
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Seed Catalog Arrived :)

Post  countrynaturals on 12/12/2017, 5:00 pm

@trolleydriver wrote:Baker Creek informed me that they will be posting photos of my Dreadlocks Amaranth on their Facebook page at 8:30am CST on December 13.
Very Happy
SWEET! 
avatar
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 3259
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

View user profile http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Seed Catalog Arrived :)

Post  sanderson on 12/12/2017, 7:06 pm

@countrynaturals wrote:
@trolleydriver wrote:Baker Creek informed me that they will be posting photos of my Dreadlocks Amaranth on their Facebook page at 8:30am CST on December 13.
Very Happy
SWEET! 
+1 We have a celebrity in our midst.

____________________________

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
avatar
sanderson

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 15787
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 69
Location : Fresno CA Zone 8-9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Seed Catalog Arrived :)

Post  Scorpio Rising on 12/12/2017, 9:09 pm

@countrynaturals wrote:
@Scorpio Rising wrote:I have grown the blauhilde beans, excellent and easy to find.  Charentais melons are great.  Atomic red carrot not a fan.  Pretty, though.
Uh-oh -- why not the Atomic red carrots? If they aren't wonderful, I don't want to waste time, space, and water on them. Shocked
Just not sweet at all.  Pretty, that’s all.
avatar
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 5830
Join date : 2015-06-12
Age : 56
Location : Ada, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Seed Catalog Arrived :)

Post  Scorpio Rising on 12/12/2017, 9:10 pm

“‘praise
@sanderson wrote:
@countrynaturals wrote:
@trolleydriver wrote:Baker Creek informed me that they will be posting photos of my Dreadlocks Amaranth on their Facebook page at 8:30am CST on December 13.
Very Happy
SWEET! 
+1   We have a celebrity in our midst.  
avatar
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 5830
Join date : 2015-06-12
Age : 56
Location : Ada, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Seed Catalog Arrived :)

Post  countrynaturals on 12/13/2017, 3:04 am

@Scorpio Rising wrote:
@countrynaturals wrote:
@Scorpio Rising wrote:I have grown the blauhilde beans, excellent and easy to find.  Charentais melons are great.  Atomic red carrot not a fan.  Pretty, though.
Uh-oh -- why not the Atomic red carrots? If they aren't wonderful, I don't want to waste time, space, and water on them. Shocked
Just not sweet at all.  Pretty, that’s all.
Nutz! I went back and re-read the description. It says "very flavorful" but it doesn't mention sweet.  No What sold me was the nutritional info, but if we don't like the flavor, we won't eat them, so what's the point? OTOH, it says they're best cooked, and Hubby can make anything taste good when he cooks it, so maybe I'll still give them a chance. Rolling Eyes
avatar
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 3259
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

View user profile http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Seed Catalog Arrived :)

Post  trolleydriver on 12/13/2017, 10:14 am

@Scorpio Rising wrote:“‘praise
@sanderson wrote:
@countrynaturals wrote:
@trolleydriver wrote:Baker Creek informed me that they will be posting photos of my Dreadlocks Amaranth on their Facebook page at 8:30am CST on December 13.
Very Happy
SWEET! 
+1   We have a celebrity in our midst.  

Here it is 
https://www.facebook.com/rareseeds/

https://www.facebook.com/rareseeds/photos/pcb.10155823182501163/10155823180726163/?type=3&theater

____________________________

Ottawa, Canada
Find more about Weather in Ottawa, CA
Click for weather forecast
avatar
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 4264
Join date : 2015-05-04
Age : 70
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Seed Catalog Arrived :)

Post  countrynaturals on 12/13/2017, 11:50 am

@trolleydriver wrote:
@Scorpio Rising wrote:“‘praise
@sanderson wrote:
@countrynaturals wrote:
@trolleydriver wrote:Baker Creek informed me that they will be posting photos of my Dreadlocks Amaranth on their Facebook page at 8:30am CST on December 13.
Very Happy
SWEET! 
+1   We have a celebrity in our midst.  

Here it is 
https://www.facebook.com/rareseeds/

https://www.facebook.com/rareseeds/photos/pcb.10155823182501163/10155823180726163/?type=3&theater
Beautiful pics! How exciting!
avatar
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 3259
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

View user profile http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Seed Catalog Arrived :)

Post  AtlantaMarie on 12/13/2017, 11:51 am

Wow, TD!! That's fantastic!
avatar
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4576
Join date : 2014-03-18
Age : 54
Location : Buford, GA - Zones 7B/8A

View user profile http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Seed Catalog Arrived :)

Post  sanderson on 12/13/2017, 3:50 pm

I love you I love you

____________________________

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
avatar
sanderson

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 15787
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 69
Location : Fresno CA Zone 8-9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Seed Catalog Arrived :)

Post  brianj555 on 12/13/2017, 7:39 pm

That’s really cool TD!afro  I don’t drink, but if I did, i’d give you a cheers too!CoolWink
avatar
brianj555

Male Posts : 444
Join date : 2017-08-22
Location : Zone 9 - Mississippi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Seed Catalog Arrived :)

Post  Scorpio Rising on 12/13/2017, 7:43 pm

Cute pic!
avatar
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 5830
Join date : 2015-06-12
Age : 56
Location : Ada, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Seed Catalog Arrived :)

Post  countrynaturals on 12/16/2017, 11:55 am

Limas and Carrots and Beans, OH MY!  happy turtle (Baker Creek seed order arrived last night.)  Guess what I'll be doing, today.
avatar
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 3259
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

View user profile http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Seed Catalog Arrived :)

Post  Scorpio Rising on 12/19/2017, 9:33 pm

@countrynaturals wrote:Limas and Carrots and Beans, OH MY!  happy turtle (Baker Creek seed order arrived last night.)  Guess what I'll be doing, today.
Fun! Would love to hear about Lima bean experience.
avatar
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 5830
Join date : 2015-06-12
Age : 56
Location : Ada, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Seed Catalog Arrived :)

Post  countrynaturals on 12/20/2017, 10:15 am

@Scorpio Rising wrote:
@countrynaturals wrote:Limas and Carrots and Beans, OH MY!  happy turtle (Baker Creek seed order arrived last night.)  Guess what I'll be doing, today.
Fun! Would love to hear about Lima bean experience.
I planted a different variety last year in the BTE and they were awesome! My only complaint is that I should have planted more. The idea was to harvest some for dried beans and seeds, but the fresh ones were soooo good, there weren't any left for anything else. I also tried Mama somethings, to get big butter beans, but those never even sprouted.  I'll keep you posted on these.
avatar
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 3259
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

View user profile http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 1st Seed Catalog Arrived :)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum