Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

[/td][/tr][/table]
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» N & C Midwest: October 2017!
by DorothyG Today at 12:11 am

» Compost pit?
by DorothyG Today at 12:05 am

» How's the Weather Where You're At?
by LizDTM Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by LizDTM Yesterday at 9:48 pm

» Bryan Greenbeard of Minnesota's 2017 Plans
by sanderson Yesterday at 7:48 pm

» High heat tolerant tomatoes
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 7:45 pm

» Using city water, how does your comsumption increase
by Judy McConnell Yesterday at 7:10 pm

» Tomato Questions
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 6:44 pm

» First Tromboncino female flower
by countrynaturals Yesterday at 6:43 pm

» Today's Harvest
by brianj555 Yesterday at 3:20 pm

» Coffee Substitute?
by countrynaturals Yesterday at 1:09 pm

» Howdy, from Central Florida
by AtlantaMarie Yesterday at 9:26 am

» Biochar?
by SQWIB Yesterday at 8:18 am

» My Compost Bin
by SQWIB Yesterday at 8:09 am

» A really, really Frugal Gardener
by sanderson Yesterday at 3:30 am

» Worm bin?
by sanderson Yesterday at 3:24 am

» CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing in October 2017
by Mimi2 10/22/2017, 7:33 pm

» BOOK GIVEAWAY - ENDS 10/20/17
by brianj555 10/22/2017, 11:20 am

» Northern California & Coastal Valleys - What are you doing this month?
by countrynaturals 10/22/2017, 10:55 am

» Sowing Experiment! Anyone Tried This?
by brianj555 10/22/2017, 10:36 am

» Spaghetti Squash ?
by countrynaturals 10/22/2017, 10:28 am

» Third Year SFG in Canada
by trolleydriver 10/21/2017, 5:34 pm

» 2017 SFG in Brooks, Ga
by yolos 10/21/2017, 5:16 pm

» Frames for SFG Beds - Versitile PVC frames for Protection
by sanderson 10/21/2017, 4:10 pm

» California's Drought
by AtlantaMarie 10/21/2017, 10:04 am

» Hello from a 7b zone
by AtlantaMarie 10/21/2017, 10:00 am

» Newbie from Ayrshire, West Coast of Scotland
by plantoid 10/21/2017, 7:27 am

» Butterfly Junction
by sanderson 10/21/2017, 12:08 am

» Mels book
by sanderson 10/20/2017, 11:54 pm

» Any Strange and Wonderful Visitors? Photos please!
by countrynaturals 10/20/2017, 11:34 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

January 2017 Avatar: Winter Wonders!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: January 2017 Avatar: Winter Wonders!

Post  yolos on 1/8/2017, 5:41 pm

Both of the following pictures are kind of dark so I will have to see which one shows up best in the Avatar.

yolos

Female Posts : 3269

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising on 1/8/2017, 9:46 pm

sunny Gorgeous!
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 5373

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson on 1/8/2017, 10:40 pm

Scorpio Rising wrote:sunny   Gorgeous!
+1

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14800

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Winter in SD

Post  Goosegirl on 1/25/2017, 6:14 pm

Here is an oldie, but the January South Dakota Garden doesn't change much from year to year!

Goosegirl

Female Posts : 3412

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising on 1/25/2017, 7:38 pm

Goosegirl wrote:Here is an oldie, but the January South Dakota Garden doesn't change much from year to year!

Nice!  Do you have snow right now, GG?  We have had rain, rain, rain...yuk.  Gloomy.
Scorpio Rising

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Goosegirl on 1/25/2017, 8:23 pm

SR - we do have snow, but have had about a week with highs in mid to upper 30's, even a 42, so the top has glazed to hard ice. Streets are clear and dry, so even tho' I have not been able to get out and garden, I have been able to get out and walk with a friend in the mornings.  Makes the winter seem shorter when I can spend time outside!

Last edited by Goosegirl on 1/25/2017, 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification!)
Goosegirl

Female Posts : 3412

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising on 1/25/2017, 9:31 pm

Goosegirl wrote:SR - we do have snow, but have had about a week with highs in mid to upper 30's, even a 42, so the top has glazed to hard ice. Streets are clear and dry, so even tho' I have not been able to get out and garden, I have been able to get out and walk with a friend in the mornings.  Makes the winter seem shorter when I can spend time outside!
Good!  Here it is kinda strange.  We have just been getting rain.....lots of it.  I actually would rather have snow because it's January!  And that would be normal.  But it is wet, and dreary, and honestly the drear gets to me.  I like sunshine!  sunny
Scorpio Rising

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals on 1/26/2017, 11:05 am

Scorpio Rising wrote:Good!  Here it is kinda strange.  We have just been getting rain.....lots of it.  I actually would rather have snow because it's January!  And that would be normal.  But it is wet, and dreary, and honestly the drear gets to me.  I like sunshine!  sunny
Out here we rarely go a week without at least one beautiful sunshiney day to remind us that it won't be long until we have more sun than we could ever want. This winter has been the dreariest I can remember, however.  Sad
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 2703

View user profile http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals on 2/1/2017, 12:33 pm

Any clue about February Avatar? If I don't get my pic taken today, it's not gonna happen. Rain's gonna start in the middle of the night and not let up for at least 3 days, and then start up again, so frolicking around the yard with my camera will not be an option. I suppose a shot of plain gray sky would be appropriate and definitely reflect my mood-to-come, but right now it's beautiful out, so I'm gonna grab my camera and go see what I can find. Cool
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver on 2/1/2017, 1:00 pm

countrynaturals wrote:Any clue about February Avatar? If I don't get my pic taken today, it's not gonna happen. Rain's gonna start in the middle of the night and not let up for at least 3 days, and then start up again, so frolicking around the yard with my camera will not be an option. I suppose a shot of plain gray sky would be appropriate and definitely reflect my mood-to-come, but right now it's beautiful out, so I'm gonna grab my camera and go see what I can find. Cool
CN ... You can change you Avatar at any time. Don't need to wait for a February 2017 Avatar thread to be created. Or you can take you picture today and save it until a new Avatar thread is created.

Ottawa, Canada
Find more about Weather in Ottawa, CA
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 3789

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals on 2/1/2017, 1:29 pm

trolleydriver wrote:
countrynaturals wrote:Any clue about February Avatar? If I don't get my pic taken today, it's not gonna happen. Rain's gonna start in the middle of the night and not let up for at least 3 days, and then start up again, so frolicking around the yard with my camera will not be an option. I suppose a shot of plain gray sky would be appropriate and definitely reflect my mood-to-come, but right now it's beautiful out, so I'm gonna grab my camera and go see what I can find. Cool
CN ... You can change you Avatar at any time. Don't need to wait for a February 2017 Avatar thread to be created. Or you can take you picture today and save it until a new Avatar thread is created.
In that case, here goes. My Feb theme is "Time to wake up." I traipsed all over the property and finally found this one tiny early bird (less than an inch around) to be my February avatar. And just to keep things clear, it is NOT a weed, it's a WILDFLOWER! Evil or Very Mad
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver on 2/1/2017, 1:38 pm

countrynaturals wrote:
trolleydriver wrote:
In that case, here goes. My Feb theme is "Time to wake up." I traipsed all over the property and finally found this one tiny early bird (less than an inch around) to be my February avatar. And just to keep things clear, it is NOT a weed, it's a WILDFLOWER! Evil or Very Mad

It's truly beautiful CN.  Well done.

Ottawa, Canada
Find more about Weather in Ottawa, CA
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 3789

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR on 2/1/2017, 2:43 pm

countrynaturals wrote:
trolleydriver wrote:

@countrynaturals I don't know how many of us have things "waking up" just yet, but it's a great shot and I'm in for making it this months theme! Feel free to start a new thread for the Feb avatar theme, and I'll link it in the scroller this evening!

And great shot!!

I am my gardens worst enemy.
RoOsTeR

Forum Administrator

Male Posts : 4316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals on 2/1/2017, 7:11 pm

RoOsTeR wrote:
countrynaturals wrote:
trolleydriver wrote:

@countrynaturals I don't know how many of us have things "waking up" just yet, but it's a great shot and I'm in for making it this months theme! Feel free to start a new thread for the Feb avatar theme, and I'll link it in the scroller this evening!

And great shot!!
Oh, I thought we already had a vice president in charge of avatars, but I don't mind doing it at all.
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum