Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.


[/td][/tr][/table]
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 

 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Disappointed...Italian Long Hots...and tomatoes
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 5:45 pm

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Judy McConnell Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» Today's Harvest
by brianj555 Yesterday at 2:20 pm

» N&C Midwest; November Already? 2017
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 10:49 am

» The Winter Journey and greenhouse plastic
by has55 Yesterday at 6:26 am

» New England Nov 2017
by trolleydriver 11/23/2017, 8:53 am

» Northern California & Coastal Valleys - What are you doing this month?
by trolleydriver 11/23/2017, 8:49 am

» Happy Thanksgiving All!
by AtlantaMarie 11/23/2017, 8:26 am

» Birds of the Garden
by Scorpio Rising 11/22/2017, 9:01 pm

» Holy snow Batman!
by trolleydriver 11/22/2017, 3:44 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by sanderson 11/22/2017, 12:33 pm

» Microgreens Gardening
by AtlantaMarie 11/22/2017, 11:55 am

» My new compost heap
by AtlantaMarie 11/22/2017, 8:20 am

» 2017: First full year of SFGing in ND
by Robbomb116 11/21/2017, 11:55 am

» Alternative cover to straw for overwintering strawberries.
by BeetlesPerSqFt 11/21/2017, 9:38 am

» First Frost!
by brianj555 11/20/2017, 3:27 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by BeetlesPerSqFt 11/20/2017, 11:29 am

» How Many Square Feet Do You Have?
by BeetlesPerSqFt 11/20/2017, 8:56 am

» Tomato Questions
by brianj555 11/19/2017, 11:07 am

» BOOK GIVEAWAY #5 - ENDS 11/17/17
by brianj555 11/18/2017, 4:12 pm

» What I learned this year
by countrynaturals 11/18/2017, 1:45 pm

» How's the Weather Where You're At?
by trolleydriver 11/18/2017, 9:26 am

» First Tromboncino female flower
by countrynaturals 11/17/2017, 5:51 pm

» Third Year SFG in Canada
by trolleydriver 11/17/2017, 1:59 pm

» Free lunaria seeds
by hammock gal 11/17/2017, 10:12 am

» Plastic containers / trash cans?
by sanderson 11/16/2017, 10:33 pm

» Mels book
by Scorpio Rising 11/16/2017, 7:04 pm

» Mid-Atl - Nov 2017 - Warming Up AGAIN?
by sanderson 11/16/2017, 4:17 pm

» 2017 SFG in Brooks, Ga
by Turan 11/15/2017, 4:59 pm

» Goodbye to my SFG Raised Beds
by Turan 11/15/2017, 4:41 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

How's the Weather Where You're At?

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  countrynaturals on 8/20/2017, 9:13 pm

It was "only" supposed to be 104 today. It topped out at 108 at least. Mad At least the sky has cleared up so we aren't breathing smokey air anymore.
avatar
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 2844
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

View user profile http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  countrynaturals on 8/21/2017, 11:16 am

The air stinks!  Evil or Very Mad I can't open the windows or stroll through the gardens for the smoke. The whole area looks like the set of a zombie movie. Evil or Very Mad My mood is as dark as the sky is about to become. Anybody wanna fight? Twisted Evil
avatar
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 2844
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

View user profile http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  trolleydriver on 8/21/2017, 12:06 pm

@countrynaturals wrote:The air stinks!  Evil or Very Mad I can't open the windows or stroll through the gardens for the smoke. The whole area looks like the set of a zombie movie. Evil or Very Mad My mood is as dark as the sky is about to become. Anybody wanna fight? Twisted Evil
This will not improve your mood CN but here in Ottawa the sky is blue and the air is super clear. Expecting 86F for the high temp and we are in the 62% eclipse zone.  Very Happy

____________________________

Ottawa, Canada
Find more about Weather in Ottawa, CA
Click for weather forecast
avatar
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 3874
Join date : 2015-05-04
Age : 70
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  countrynaturals on 8/21/2017, 2:31 pm

@trolleydriver wrote:
@countrynaturals wrote:The air stinks!  Evil or Very Mad I can't open the windows or stroll through the gardens for the smoke. The whole area looks like the set of a zombie movie. Evil or Very Mad My mood is as dark as the sky is about to become. Anybody wanna fight? Twisted Evil
This will not improve your mood CN but here in Ottawa the sky is blue and the air is super clear. Expecting 86F for the high temp and we are in the 62% eclipse zone.  Very Happy
Them's fighting words fer shure, TD. PUT UP YOUR DUKES!
avatar
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 2844
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

View user profile http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  trolleydriver on 8/21/2017, 3:19 pm

@countrynaturals wrote:
@trolleydriver wrote:
@countrynaturals wrote:The air stinks!  Evil or Very Mad I can't open the windows or stroll through the gardens for the smoke. The whole area looks like the set of a zombie movie. Evil or Very Mad My mood is as dark as the sky is about to become. Anybody wanna fight? Twisted Evil
This will not improve your mood CN but here in Ottawa the sky is blue and the air is super clear. Expecting 86F for the high temp and we are in the 62% eclipse zone.  Very Happy
Them's fighting words fer shure, TD. PUT UP YOUR DUKES!

We need a referee.  Maybe Sanderson would agree to step in.


____________________________

Ottawa, Canada
Find more about Weather in Ottawa, CA
Click for weather forecast
avatar
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 3874
Join date : 2015-05-04
Age : 70
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  countrynaturals on 8/21/2017, 8:19 pm

@trolleydriver wrote:
@countrynaturals wrote:
@trolleydriver wrote:
@countrynaturals wrote:The air stinks!  Evil or Very Mad I can't open the windows or stroll through the gardens for the smoke. The whole area looks like the set of a zombie movie. Evil or Very Mad My mood is as dark as the sky is about to become. Anybody wanna fight? Twisted Evil
This will not improve your mood CN but here in Ottawa the sky is blue and the air is super clear. Expecting 86F for the high temp and we are in the 62% eclipse zone.  Very Happy
Them's fighting words fer shure, TD. PUT UP YOUR DUKES!

We need a referee.  Maybe Sanderson would agree to step in.

It didn't get as hot today, and the air quality is supposed to improve, so my mood is lifting a little. Maybe I won't have to hit anyone after all. Rolling Eyes
avatar
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 2844
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

View user profile http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  Kelejan on 8/22/2017, 12:32 am

Today we had bright blue skies for the Solar Eclipse then this after noon the smoke returned.  I did some outside work in the morning that lifted my spirits. Smile
avatar
Kelejan

Female Posts : 4998
Join date : 2011-04-24
Age : 82
Location : Castlegar, British Columbia

View user profile http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  trolleydriver on 8/22/2017, 9:32 am

Yet another of this Summer's many thunderstorms is passing through.  I could hear what sounded like hail hitting the windows. When I looked out to the SFG I could see the largest of my Canada Crookneck Squash swinging wildly in the wind from it's perch on the megatrellis.

____________________________

Ottawa, Canada
Find more about Weather in Ottawa, CA
Click for weather forecast
avatar
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 3874
Join date : 2015-05-04
Age : 70
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  dixie on 8/22/2017, 9:51 am

Hot and humid, in the 90's, but we had totally clear skies yesterday for the eclipse & were at 100% totality.  It was amazing.
avatar
dixie

Female Posts : 781
Join date : 2010-03-02
Age : 68
Location : Southeast Tennessee

View user profile http://www.dixiedazzle.net

Back to top Go down

Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  trolleydriver on 8/22/2017, 1:10 pm

Oh Yikes!!!

We are now under another tornado watch. The sky just opened up and we are getting yet another absolutely torrential downpour. We have had an unbelievable non-summer. 

Cooler temperatures are in the forecast for the next six days with highs around 70F and lows down to 46F but mostly around 50F.  Cool weather crops will like it but the summer hot crops will struggle. Currently 81F.

____________________________

Ottawa, Canada
Find more about Weather in Ottawa, CA
Click for weather forecast
avatar
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 3874
Join date : 2015-05-04
Age : 70
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  countrynaturals on 8/22/2017, 1:54 pm

@trolleydriver wrote:Oh Yikes!!!

We are now under another tornado watch. The sky just opened up and we are getting yet another absolutely torrential downpour. We have had an unbelievable non-summer. 

Cooler temperatures are in the forecast for the next six days with highs around 70F and lows down to 46F but mostly around 50F.  Cool weather crops will like it but the summer hot crops will struggle. Currently 81F.
Geez! You've had a "non-summer" and we've had a "super summer." Looking at another week of triple-digits. We aren't just breaking the record, we're shattering it. Mad
avatar
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 2844
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

View user profile http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  trolleydriver on 8/22/2017, 5:06 pm

We just got the third of a wave of storms pass through our area today. It took down a branch off a tall evergreen that straddles our front lawn and the property next door. I took a video from our front door and stored it on Cloudinary.  Not sure if it will show up.

http://res.cloudinary.com/ducw4nkyw/video/upload/v1503435612/MVI_4546_k5sxch.avi

____________________________

Ottawa, Canada
Find more about Weather in Ottawa, CA
Click for weather forecast
avatar
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 3874
Join date : 2015-05-04
Age : 70
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  bigdogrock on 8/22/2017, 5:18 pm

Wow TD, that is some wind and rain!
avatar
bigdogrock

Male Posts : 412
Join date : 2016-04-17
Location : NH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  Kelejan on 8/22/2017, 5:56 pm

TD, I saw the weather forecast on TV this morning and I said a little prayer for you.  I guess it did not work.  Could access your link, my firefox could not cope, but I expect I will see your weather on the news later.

Could we not get together and sort of average out our weather? At least with regard to rain and wind. Sad
avatar
Kelejan

Female Posts : 4998
Join date : 2011-04-24
Age : 82
Location : Castlegar, British Columbia

View user profile http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  countrynaturals on 8/22/2017, 7:22 pm

@Kelejan wrote:Could we not get together and sort of average out our weather? At least with regard to rain and wind. Sad
And heat? Count me in. Razz
avatar
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 2844
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

View user profile http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  countrynaturals on 8/25/2017, 4:44 pm

10 more days of triple-digits with 5 of them 105 or higher.
avatar
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 2844
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

View user profile http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  countrynaturals on 8/27/2017, 10:29 am

@countrynaturals wrote:10 more days of triple-digits with 5 of them 105 or higher.
I can't believe this is happening, but our weather is actually getting worse. We now have several days of 110 and 111 ahead of us and still no end to it. I am seriously worried about the chickens and the redwoods. The fate of my gardens isn't even a consideration when compared to the human and environmental impact of this horrible weather, and our situation compared to what's going on in Texas . . . I can't find words for it. Sad
avatar
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 2844
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

View user profile http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  trolleydriver on 8/27/2017, 4:50 pm

It's really going to cool off here in a few days. There is an overnight temp of 43F forecast for Thursday night.

Hi/Lo temps:

Monday - 77/52 F
Tuesday - 75/50
Wednesday - 75/55
Thursday - 64/43  LOOK OUT BELOW !!! Shiver !!!
Friday - 66/45


I may have to change my Avatar to
  

____________________________

Ottawa, Canada
Find more about Weather in Ottawa, CA
Click for weather forecast
avatar
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 3874
Join date : 2015-05-04
Age : 70
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  Scorpio Rising on 8/27/2017, 9:46 pm

Nice, dry.  Actually skipped a week mowing this past week....but the weeds are still growing, so will have to mow next week....had to add water to the pool.  Seasonal and summery today.  Rain in the forecast, which we need.
avatar
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 5470
Join date : 2015-06-12
Age : 55
Location : Ada, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  trolleydriver on 8/31/2017, 8:08 am

Tomorrow (Friday) we will be taking a two hour drive to Barry's Bay, Ontario for the funeral of our DIL's mother. I checked the weather and this is the forecast for tonight: "Low plus 1 with patchy frost".  Plus 1 Celsius is 33.8F.  Frost ... Yikes!

On Friday night my SFG will endure a low of +4C (39F).  Me no like.

____________________________

Ottawa, Canada
Find more about Weather in Ottawa, CA
Click for weather forecast
avatar
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 3874
Join date : 2015-05-04
Age : 70
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  sanderson on 8/31/2017, 12:06 pm

Safe journey and blessings for your family.

____________________________

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
avatar
sanderson

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14948
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 69
Location : Fresno CA Zone 8-9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  CapeCoddess on 8/31/2017, 12:16 pm

@trolleydriver wrote:I checked the weather and this is the forecast for tonight: "Low plus 1 with patchy frost".  Plus 1 Celsius is 33.8F.  Frost ... Yikes!

On Friday night my SFG will endure a low of +4C (39F).  Me no like.

Gnarley, dude! It could snow, fercryingoutloud.
Mad Will you cover?
avatar
CapeCoddess

Posts : 6478
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 61
Location : elbow of the Cape, MA, Zone 6b/7a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  trolleydriver on 8/31/2017, 12:27 pm

@CapeCoddess wrote:
@trolleydriver wrote:I checked the weather and this is the forecast for tonight: "Low plus 1 with patchy frost".  Plus 1 Celsius is 33.8F.  Frost ... Yikes!

On Friday night my SFG will endure a low of +4C (39F).  Me no like.

Gnarley, dude! It could snow, fercryingoutloud.
Mad   Will you cover?
CC ... I'm not covering. I'll take a chance. The "patchy frost" forecast is for Barry's Bay. Today I'll bring in the Okra and Bell Peppers (all two of them)  rofl.

Sanderson ... thanks for your comment. Appreciated.

____________________________

Ottawa, Canada
Find more about Weather in Ottawa, CA
Click for weather forecast
avatar
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 3874
Join date : 2015-05-04
Age : 70
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  countrynaturals on 8/31/2017, 2:01 pm

Hotter and smokier here. Another new fire to worry about -- closer to us and 0% contained, but no threat to our area. Homes lost, however.  Sad
avatar
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 2844
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

View user profile http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  trolleydriver on 9/1/2017, 8:11 am

Here in Ottawa we just set a record cold temp for September 1 since temperature readings started to be taken.

Tonight is forecast to be even colder .. down to 3 Celsius 37.4F with a risk of frost. This could be the last day for some of my cold sensitive crops.  We have had a lost Summer and now an early frost is possible.

____________________________

Ottawa, Canada
Find more about Weather in Ottawa, CA
Click for weather forecast
avatar
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 3874
Join date : 2015-05-04
Age : 70
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum