Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.


[/td][/tr][/table]
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 

 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» My new compost heap
by Rue Barbie Today at 12:18 am

» Holy snow Batman!
by Ginger Blue Yesterday at 11:22 pm

» Today's Harvest
by Roseinarosecity Yesterday at 9:26 pm

» 2017: First full year of SFGing in ND
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 6:48 pm

» Alternative cover to straw for overwintering strawberries.
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 6:42 pm

» First Frost!
by brianj555 Yesterday at 3:27 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by BeetlesPerSqFt Yesterday at 11:29 am

» How Many Square Feet Do You Have?
by BeetlesPerSqFt Yesterday at 8:56 am

» Northern California & Coastal Valleys - What are you doing this month?
by countrynaturals 11/19/2017, 3:00 pm

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by countrynaturals 11/19/2017, 1:16 pm

» The Winter Journey and greenhouse plastic
by BeetlesPerSqFt 11/19/2017, 11:14 am

» Tomato Questions
by brianj555 11/19/2017, 11:07 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 11/19/2017, 5:37 am

» N&C Midwest; November Already? 2017
by Scorpio Rising 11/18/2017, 7:34 pm

» BOOK GIVEAWAY #5 - ENDS 11/17/17
by brianj555 11/18/2017, 4:12 pm

» Microgreens Gardening
by Kelejan 11/18/2017, 3:30 pm

» What I learned this year
by countrynaturals 11/18/2017, 1:45 pm

» How's the Weather Where You're At?
by trolleydriver 11/18/2017, 9:26 am

» First Tromboncino female flower
by countrynaturals 11/17/2017, 5:51 pm

» Third Year SFG in Canada
by trolleydriver 11/17/2017, 1:59 pm

» Free lunaria seeds
by hammock gal 11/17/2017, 10:12 am

» Plastic containers / trash cans?
by sanderson 11/16/2017, 10:33 pm

» Mels book
by Scorpio Rising 11/16/2017, 7:04 pm

» Mid-Atl - Nov 2017 - Warming Up AGAIN?
by sanderson 11/16/2017, 4:17 pm

» 2017 SFG in Brooks, Ga
by Turan 11/15/2017, 4:59 pm

» Goodbye to my SFG Raised Beds
by Turan 11/15/2017, 4:41 pm

» Pickle recipes
by sanderson 11/15/2017, 4:12 am

» What variety of avocado would you recommend?
by dstack 11/14/2017, 9:12 pm

» Saffron?
by plantoid 11/14/2017, 3:32 pm

» Free Sunchoke Tubers
by BeetlesPerSqFt 11/13/2017, 6:36 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

"Watch" a Forum

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Watch" a Forum

Post  ralitaco on 3/15/2017, 10:53 pm

Just wondering if it is possible to "watch" an entire forum and be alerted when there are new topics created.
For instance, if I wanted to watch my particular regional forum?

Thanks in advance
avatar
ralitaco

Male Posts : 1045
Join date : 2010-04-04
Location : Hampstead, NC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Watch" a Forum

Post  sanderson on 3/16/2017, 3:24 am

thinking  Are wanting to be notified by email when a reply is posted on a topic you are watching?  You can set it up under Preferences and Notifications under your Profile.  I have mine set up to notify me whenever any reply is posted.

____________________________

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
avatar
sanderson

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14940
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 69
Location : Fresno CA Zone 8-9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Watch" a Forum

Post  RoOsTeR on 3/16/2017, 7:47 am

@ralitaco wrote:Just wondering if it is possible to "watch" an entire forum and be alerted when there are new topics created.
For instance, if I wanted to watch my particular regional forum?

Thanks in advance

Kinda, sorda. If you go to your regional forum, use the 'actions' button in the right hand corner above the # of pages. It will give you some options. You can use this feature for any forum or topic.
There are also settings in your user profile you can set up as well, like sanderson suggested.
I don't know if it's exactly what your looking for, but may help a bit. Smile

____________________________


I am my gardens worst enemy.
avatar
RoOsTeR

Forum Administrator

Male Posts : 4316
Join date : 2011-10-04
Location : Colorado Front Range

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Watch" a Forum

Post  CapeCoddess on 3/16/2017, 12:20 pm

If you click on your region on the home page and look at the bottom, it says:
• Start watching forum •. You could click on that and see what happens. I've never done it but you may get an email every time something happens.

Also, if you want to watch a particular thread, at the bottom of every thread page there's a link that says "Watch this topic for replies".  If you click on it you will get an email that tells you when there's a reply.  You can click on as many topics as you want to watch.
To stop it you click on it again, but it says something like 'Stop watching replies for this topic' or some such.
avatar
CapeCoddess

Posts : 6477
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 61
Location : elbow of the Cape, MA, Zone 6b/7a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Watch" a Forum

Post  RoOsTeR on 3/16/2017, 3:11 pm

@CapeCoddess wrote:If you click on your region on the home page and look at the bottom, it says:
• Start watching forum •. You could click on that and see what happens. I've never done it but you may get an email every time something happens.

Also, if you want to watch a particular thread, at the bottom of every thread page there's a link that says "Watch this topic for replies".  If you click on it you will get an email that tells you when there's a reply.  You can click on as many topics as you want to watch.
To stop it you click on it again, but it says something like 'Stop watching replies for this topic' or some such.

Good Call CC!!

____________________________


I am my gardens worst enemy.
avatar
RoOsTeR

Forum Administrator

Male Posts : 4316
Join date : 2011-10-04
Location : Colorado Front Range

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Watch" a Forum

Post  ralitaco on 3/16/2017, 11:38 pm

@sanderson wrote:thinking  Are wanting to be notified by email when a reply is posted on a topic you are watching?  You can set it up under Preferences and Notifications under your Profile.  I have mine set up to notify me whenever any reply is posted.
Not exactly. I wanted to be notified when a new topic was posted in a particular forum.
avatar
ralitaco

Male Posts : 1045
Join date : 2010-04-04
Location : Hampstead, NC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Watch" a Forum

Post  ralitaco on 3/16/2017, 11:42 pm

@RoOsTeR wrote:Kinda, sorda. If you go to your regional forum, use the 'actions' button in the right hand corner above the # of pages. It will give you some options. You can use this feature for any forum or topic.
There are also settings in your user profile you can set up as well, like sanderson suggested.
I don't know if it's exactly what your looking for, but may help a bit. Smile
Not quite what I was looking for, but thank you.

avatar
ralitaco

Male Posts : 1045
Join date : 2010-04-04
Location : Hampstead, NC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Watch" a Forum

Post  ralitaco on 3/16/2017, 11:45 pm

@CapeCoddess wrote:If you click on your region on the home page and look at the bottom, it says:
• Start watching forum •.  You could click on that and see what happens.  I've never done it but you may get an email every time something happens.
That may be what I am looking for.
I clicked on it for my regional forum & the Introductions..time will tell what happens now.


avatar
ralitaco

Male Posts : 1045
Join date : 2010-04-04
Location : Hampstead, NC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Watch" a Forum

Post  CapeCoddess on 3/17/2017, 1:03 pm

Let us know please? Then we'll know forever more.
Very Happy
CC
avatar
CapeCoddess

Posts : 6477
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 61
Location : elbow of the Cape, MA, Zone 6b/7a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Watch" a Forum

Post  ralitaco on 3/17/2017, 10:12 pm

Ok, so I will share what I have learned so far.

I am watching several threads just by replying to them.
Since I started this thread, I have started following 2 FORUMS: "Introduce Yourself" & "Lower South" by clicking on "Start Watching Forum"


Here is what I received in my inbox today:
Notice the one that is highlighted says FORUM vs the others that say Topic

Here is the body of the email that is highlighted: 

What I did notice was that I did not receive any Forum notification for the "Introduce Yourself" forum even though there were additional posts to the individual threads. I am presuming that the Forum notification will tell me when new Threads are started in that forum while the Topic notifications will tell me when a new Reply is added.
avatar
ralitaco

Male Posts : 1045
Join date : 2010-04-04
Location : Hampstead, NC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Watch" a Forum

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum