Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.


[/td][/tr][/table]
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 

 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Trellis
by newbeone Today at 1:31 pm

» Three Sisters Square Foot garden
by CapeCoddess Today at 1:28 pm

» New England June 2017
by CapeCoddess Today at 1:23 pm

» How's the Weather Where You're At?
by CapeCoddess Today at 1:21 pm

» What to Grow through Very Hot Summers
by newbeone Today at 1:15 pm

» TrolleyDriver's Compost Thermometer
by trolleydriver Today at 1:12 pm

» Does the SFG concept work for perennials?
by LynnF Today at 1:05 pm

» Watering
by newbeone Today at 1:01 pm

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by CapeCoddess Today at 1:00 pm

» 2017 corn pictures
by yolos Today at 1:00 pm

» Baby Food
by CapeCoddess Today at 12:58 pm

» 2017: First full year of SFGing in ND
by sanderson Today at 12:24 pm

» Cinnamon, Fungus, and Gnats
by yolos Today at 11:03 am

» Pepper argument who's right
by CapeCoddess Today at 10:35 am

» Question About Strawberries
by AtlantaMarie Today at 7:37 am

» Big Bug ?
by sanderson Today at 3:12 am

» 2017 SFG in Brooks, Ga
by sanderson Today at 1:07 am

» New squash in a hurry
by RC3291 Yesterday at 11:09 pm

» Third Year SFG in Canada
by yolos Yesterday at 11:02 pm

» Buzz Pollinators
by yolos Yesterday at 9:29 pm

» CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing in JUNE 2017
by Fiz Yesterday at 9:14 pm

» N & C Midwest--It is JUNE!!!! Garden Time!
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 8:48 pm

» Poppy seeds - Hungarian Blue Breadseed
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 8:09 pm

» A really, really Frugal Gardener
by Fiz Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» AtlantaMarie's Garden
by AtlantaMarie Yesterday at 7:15 pm

» Tomato - Snow Fairy
by quiltbea Yesterday at 6:11 pm

» Fall Planting
by newbeone Yesterday at 5:26 pm

» Jaffa's garden - year one
by sanderson Yesterday at 2:14 pm

» Texas Dream garden 2017
by sanderson Yesterday at 1:29 pm

» Should I cover plants while away
by sanderson Yesterday at 1:17 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

My garden images - India

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: My garden images - India

Post  ralitaco on 4/7/2017, 11:40 pm

@Avinash wrote:Yes RT. Actually I have fabricated iron stand for containers on outer side of my balcony walls in L shape. width is about 2 feet and length is say 20+feet on one wall and 6+ feet on other side.. Similarly extended my window grills to accommodate few plants I will try to post actual photos today evening.
That will be great. I like the building of the boxes, stands, etc as much as growing the plants.
avatar
ralitaco

Male Posts : 1043
Join date : 2010-04-04
Location : Hampstead, NC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My garden images - India

Post  Avinash on 4/8/2017, 3:59 am

@ralitaco wrote:
@Avinash wrote:Yes RT. Actually I have fabricated iron stand for containers on outer side of my balcony walls in L shape. width is about 2 feet and length is say 20+feet on one wall and 6+ feet on other side.. Similarly extended my window grills to accommodate few plants I will try to post actual photos today evening.
That will be great. I like the building of the boxes, stands, etc as much as growing the plants.




avatar
Avinash

Male Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-03-22
Location : India

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My garden images - India

Post  Avinash on 4/8/2017, 4:08 am

4 the image is recent addition (rather encroachment- it's my brother's terrace) to my garden-around 200sft.  I will be planting some tomatoes, peppers and few other plants there. Making bed for some leafy greens. Work in progress!
avatar
Avinash

Male Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-03-22
Location : India

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My garden images - India

Post  ralitaco on 4/8/2017, 8:30 am

WOW!!! You have done a great job utilizing your limited space. I bet when all your plants fill out with leaves and fruits that your balcony looks like an oasis in the sky from the ground.


@Avinash wrote:
Is that a waterfall in the background or is the light playing tricks?
avatar
ralitaco

Male Posts : 1043
Join date : 2010-04-04
Location : Hampstead, NC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My garden images - India

Post  MBroman on 4/8/2017, 8:46 am

You mentioned maybe not being able to use/grow your pumpkin seeds?
I had a limited garden space a few years back and one thing I tried with pumpkins was a trellis. It worked reasonably well. 

It looks like you have some metal bracing available, perhaps you could try trellising a pumpkin near one of your metal railings? You might want to support the fruit (pumpkin) with cloth tied to the trellis once it is large enough to fit in the palm of your hand (swaddle it in a sling). However, I've known other gardeners that do not sling or swaddle their pumpkins and the vine grows strong enough to support the weight of a 20lb pumpkin. Wow!

Beautiful work, Avinash! Lovely garden.
avatar
MBroman

Posts : 18
Join date : 2017-03-31
Location : SW Ohio; Zone 5b-6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My garden images - India

Post  Avinash on 4/8/2017, 9:57 am

@ralitaco wrote:WOW!!! You have done a great job utilizing your limited space. I bet when all your plants fill out with leaves and fruits that your balcony looks like an oasis in the sky from the ground.


@Avinash wrote:
Is that a waterfall in the background or is the light playing tricks?
Thanks. It's light playing the trick.
avatar
Avinash

Male Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-03-22
Location : India

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My garden images - India

Post  Avinash on 4/8/2017, 10:09 am

@MBroman wrote:
You mentioned maybe not being able to use/grow your pumpkin seeds?
I had a limited garden space a few years back and one thing I tried with pumpkins was a trellis. It worked reasonably well. 

It looks like you have some metal bracing available, perhaps you could try trellising a pumpkin near one of your metal railings? You might want to support the fruit (pumpkin) with cloth tied to the trellis once it is large enough to fit in the palm of your hand (swaddle it in a sling). However, I've known other gardeners that do not sling or swaddle their pumpkins and the vine grows strong enough to support the weight of a 20lb pumpkin. Wow!

Beautiful work, Avinash! Lovely garden.
Thanks Mbroman!
Yes! I will be trying pumpkin/squash on trellis-in that additional place of about 200 sft photographed above. I have collected bamboo poles and overall setup is in progress. Will update accordingly
avatar
Avinash

Male Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-03-22
Location : India

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My garden images - India

Post  sanderson on 4/8/2017, 9:28 pm

Avinash, You have been very creative and successful growing on the third floor. I even see a cantaloupe (melon).

____________________________

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
avatar
sanderson

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 13983
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 68
Location : Fresno CA Zone 8-9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My garden images - India

Post  Avinash on 4/9/2017, 12:19 am

Thanks Sanderson! This musk melon volunteered in my Tomato container and I let it grow. Now about to mature.
avatar
Avinash

Male Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-03-22
Location : India

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My garden images - India

Post  ralitaco on 4/9/2017, 12:22 pm

There is just something about a volunteer plant that makes me want to let it grow. I mean, it did most of the hard work already. thus my 120+ pumpkin sprouts/seedlings I just put in seed trays. Razz
avatar
ralitaco

Male Posts : 1043
Join date : 2010-04-04
Location : Hampstead, NC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My garden images - India

Post  Avinash on 4/10/2017, 5:06 am

@ralitaco wrote:There is just something about a volunteer plant that makes me want to let it grow. I mean, it did most of the hard work already. thus my 120+ pumpkin sprouts/seedlings I just put in seed trays. Razz
That's huge!  Rolling Eyes
avatar
Avinash

Male Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-03-22
Location : India

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My garden images - India

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum