Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.


[/td][/tr][/table]
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 

 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Bug/Pest Identification....Help!
by BeetlesPerSqFt Today at 1:32 pm

» How's the Weather Where You're At?
by trolleydriver Today at 1:02 pm

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by trolleydriver Today at 12:58 pm

» Roasted butternut squash soup
by trolleydriver Today at 12:49 pm

» Flavor bomb cubes for veggies and...
by sanderson Today at 2:53 am

» Carrot Week 2017!
by sanderson Today at 2:50 am

» Frankensquash
by trolleydriver Today at 2:20 am

» What I learned this year
by countrynaturals Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Compost Heaps
by brianj555 Yesterday at 9:09 pm

» Fall Garden?
by sanderson Yesterday at 8:46 pm

» Cucumber Plants on the Ground! :-(
by brianj555 Yesterday at 8:40 pm

» Hello from NE OHIO
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 7:19 pm

» Any Strange and Wonderful Visitors? Photos please!
by hammock gal Yesterday at 12:59 pm

» Today's Harvest
by sanderson Yesterday at 7:26 am

» Third Year SFG in Canada
by trolleydriver 9/23/2017, 3:26 pm

» Happy Autumn Equinox
by brianj555 9/23/2017, 3:24 pm

» Amaranth
by AtlantaMarie 9/23/2017, 12:44 pm

» Northern California & Coastal Valleys - What are you doing this month?
by trolleydriver 9/23/2017, 11:25 am

» New England September 2017
by Scorpio Rising 9/21/2017, 11:59 pm

» N&C Midwest - September 2017
by Scorpio Rising 9/21/2017, 11:56 pm

» Spotted Lanternfly: invasive pest "new" to the US
by sanderson 9/21/2017, 5:41 pm

» First red kidney bean harvest....now what?
by AtlantaMarie 9/21/2017, 10:28 am

» question about Garlic and winter
by Scorpio Rising 9/20/2017, 10:38 pm

» Ginger
by has55 9/20/2017, 6:38 pm

» CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing in September 2017
by Kelejan 9/20/2017, 6:29 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by AtlantaMarie 9/20/2017, 1:08 pm

» harvesting wood chips
by Kelejan 9/20/2017, 1:55 am

» Tomato Tuesday 2017
by brianj555 9/19/2017, 11:18 pm

» leeks again
by donnainzone5 9/19/2017, 4:17 pm

» WANTED: Pictures of Compost Bins
by has55 9/19/2017, 1:03 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Butterflies

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Butterflies

Post  newbeone on 4/22/2017, 3:35 pm

Swallowtails-1 Dill-0, That's OK I'm Rooting for the Butterflies. My Dill plant is covered with them
avatar
newbeone

Male Posts : 173
Join date : 2016-09-18
Age : 76
Location : San Antonio, Tx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Butterflies

Post  countrynaturals on 4/22/2017, 3:40 pm

newbeone wrote:Swallowtails-1 Dill-0, That's OK I'm Rooting for the Butterflies. My Dill plant is covered with them
I'm so jealous. I have never been able to "grow" swallowtails. I will plant a bigger bed of dill this year and see if I can lure them in. Cool
avatar
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 2536
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

View user profile http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Butterflies

Post  BeetlesPerSqFt on 4/22/2017, 6:57 pm

countrynaturals wrote:
newbeone wrote:Swallowtails-1 Dill-0, That's OK I'm Rooting for the Butterflies. My Dill plant is covered with them
I'm so jealous. I have never been able to "grow" swallowtails. I will plant a bigger bed of dill this year and see if I can lure them in. Cool
I got quite a few baby swallowtails on second-year over-wintered parsley that then got huge and bolted. Now I have lots of parsley volunteers in that section of bed. The over-wintered parsley from this year is in a fairly shady location, so I probably won't get as many caterpillars on it.
avatar
BeetlesPerSqFt

Female Posts : 1175
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Port Matilda, PA Zone 5b/6a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Butterflies

Post  countrynaturals on 4/22/2017, 8:36 pm

BeetlesPerSqFt wrote:
countrynaturals wrote:
newbeone wrote:Swallowtails-1 Dill-0, That's OK I'm Rooting for the Butterflies. My Dill plant is covered with them
I'm so jealous. I have never been able to "grow" swallowtails. I will plant a bigger bed of dill this year and see if I can lure them in. Cool
I got quite a few baby swallowtails on second-year over-wintered parsley that then got huge and bolted. Now I have lots of parsley volunteers in that section of bed. The over-wintered parsley from this year is in a fairly shady location, so I probably won't get as many caterpillars on it.
Dill and parsley. Check.
avatar
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 2536
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

View user profile http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Butterflies

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum