Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.


[/td][/tr][/table]
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 

 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» who has chickens
by llama momma Today at 12:08 pm

» Bird baths with solar powered pump
by bigdogrock Today at 9:21 am

» Garlic Growing Lovers
by bigdogrock Today at 9:14 am

» Hi from Buffalo
by AtlantaMarie Today at 6:42 am

» Turan in the Western Mountains
by sanderson Today at 2:27 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by meatburner Today at 12:20 am

» Jimmys new SFG beds in development.
by jimmy cee Yesterday at 11:32 pm

» Adding Soil to Mel's Mix
by jimmy cee Yesterday at 11:24 pm

» Vermiculite on the out in Ontario?
by jimmy cee Yesterday at 11:12 pm

» CANADIAN REGION:what are you doing in April 2018?
by Kelejan Yesterday at 9:43 pm

» I am still in Zone 5a
by RJARPCGP Yesterday at 7:30 pm

» Northern California & Coastal Valleys - What are you doing this month?
by countrynaturals Yesterday at 3:35 pm

» Tomato Tuesday 2018
by countrynaturals Yesterday at 2:00 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by sanderson Yesterday at 1:29 pm

» 2018 SFG in Brooks, GA
by sanderson Yesterday at 1:25 pm

» 6 or 12 inch box for growing cherry tomatoes?
by AtlantaMarie Yesterday at 11:39 am

» Fourth Year SFG in Canada
by trolleydriver Yesterday at 11:06 am

» N&C Midwest - April 2018–Snuck up on me!
by sanderson Yesterday at 2:52 am

» New England April 2018
by sanderson Yesterday at 2:49 am

» How's the Weather Where You're At?
by Scorpio Rising 4/20/2018, 7:06 pm

» April Avatar: Spring is HERE!
by sanderson 4/20/2018, 4:18 pm

» Salvia
by sanderson 4/20/2018, 3:42 pm

» Best drip system and timer?
by No_Such_Reality 4/20/2018, 12:59 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by jimmy cee 4/20/2018, 12:05 am

» Our Raised Garden Beds
by jimmy cee 4/19/2018, 11:53 pm

» anyone use fulvic acid before?
by sanderson 4/19/2018, 10:51 pm

» hantavirus
by RJARPCGP 4/19/2018, 7:42 pm

» Hello From Vermont
by RJARPCGP 4/19/2018, 6:09 pm

» Bird's Eye View of Your Garden
by countrynaturals 4/19/2018, 10:55 am

» 2nd year SFG in ND
by Robbomb116 4/18/2018, 11:29 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

New England Feb 2018

Go down

New England Feb 2018

Post  CapeCoddess on 2/2/2018, 12:37 pm

OK, so this must be an April Fools joke but in February....
I received this email from GardenGate today:

Planting now in February for the USA - Zone 7a zone

Artichokes (Globe) Start undercover in seed trays and plant out in 4-6 weeks Harvest from January

Asparagus Plant crowns Harvest from 24 months

Beetroot
(also Beets) Sow seed Harvest from May

Broccoli Sow seed Harvest from April

Brussels sprouts Start undercover in seed trays and plant out in 4-6 weeks Harvest from June

Cabbage Sow seed Harvest from May

Cape Gooseberry
(also Golden Berry, Inca Berry ) Start undercover in seed trays and plant out in 4-6 weeks Harvest from June

Capsicum
(also Bell peppers, Sweet peppers) Start undercover in seed trays and plant out in 4-6 weeks Harvest from May

Carrot Sow seed Harvest from June

Cauliflower Start undercover in seed trays and plant out in 4-6 weeks Harvest from July

Celeriac Start undercover in seed trays and plant out in 4-6 weeks Harvest from June

Celery Start undercover in seed trays and plant out in 4-6 weeks Harvest from July

Chicory
(also Witloof, Belgian endive) Start undercover in seed trays and plant out in 4-6 weeks Harvest from July

Chilli peppers
(also Hot peppers) Start undercover in seed trays and plant out in 4-6 weeks Harvest from May

Collards
(also Collard greens, Borekale) Sow seed Harvest from May

Corn Salad
(also Lamb's lettuce or Mache) Sow seed Harvest from April

Eggplant
(also Aubergine) Start undercover in seed trays and plant out in 4-6 weeks Harvest from June

Kale
(also Borecole) Sow seed Harvest from May

Leeks Start undercover in seed trays and plant out in 4-6 weeks Harvest from July

Lettuce Sow seed Harvest from May

Marrow Start undercover in seed trays and plant out in 4-6 weeks Harvest from June

Mint
(also Garden mint) Start undercover in seed trays and plant out in 4-6 weeks Harvest from May

Mizuna
(also Japanese Greens, Mitzuna, Mibuna) Sow seed Harvest from April

Mustard greens
(also gai choy) Sow seed Harvest from April

Onion Sow seed Harvest from September

Parsnip Start undercover in seed trays and plant out in 4-6 weeks Harvest from July

Potato Plant seed potatoes Harvest from July

Radish Sow seed Harvest from April

Rhubarb Plant crowns Harvest from 12 months

Silverbeet
(also Swiss Chard or Mangold) Start undercover in seed trays and plant out in 4-6 weeks Harvest from May

Spinach
(also English spinach) Sow seed Harvest from April

Strawberries (from seeds) Start undercover in seed trays and plant out in 4-6 weeks Harvest from 12 months

Tomato Start undercover in seed trays and plant out in 4-6 weeks Harvest from May

Turnip Sow seed Harvest from May

The undercover sowings I understand but anything I tried to direct sow  this month would sit on top of the frozen solid MM for the birds to feast on. Rolling Eyes


Anyway, I'm not starting anything yet.  It's too early for my area and I'm not motivated.

Anyone else planting inside right now?
avatar
CapeCoddess

Posts : 6588
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 62
Location : elbow of the Cape, MA, Zone 6b/7a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New England Feb 2018

Post  SQWIB on 2/2/2018, 12:56 pm

@CapeCoddess wrote:OK, so this must be an April Fools joke but in February....
I received this email from GardenGate today:

Planting now in February for the USA - Zone 7a zone

Artichokes (Globe) Start undercover in seed trays and plant out in 4-6 weeks Harvest from January

Asparagus Plant crowns Harvest from 24 months

Beetroot
(also Beets) Sow seed Harvest from May

Broccoli Sow seed Harvest from April

Brussels sprouts Start undercover in seed trays and plant out in 4-6 weeks Harvest from June

Cabbage Sow seed Harvest from May

Cape Gooseberry
(also Golden Berry, Inca Berry ) Start undercover in seed trays and plant out in 4-6 weeks Harvest from June

Capsicum
(also Bell peppers, Sweet peppers) Start undercover in seed trays and plant out in 4-6 weeks Harvest from May

Carrot Sow seed Harvest from June

Cauliflower Start undercover in seed trays and plant out in 4-6 weeks Harvest from July

Celeriac Start undercover in seed trays and plant out in 4-6 weeks Harvest from June

Celery Start undercover in seed trays and plant out in 4-6 weeks Harvest from July

Chicory
(also Witloof, Belgian endive) Start undercover in seed trays and plant out in 4-6 weeks Harvest from July

Chilli peppers
(also Hot peppers) Start undercover in seed trays and plant out in 4-6 weeks Harvest from May

Collards
(also Collard greens, Borekale) Sow seed Harvest from May

Corn Salad
(also Lamb's lettuce or Mache) Sow seed Harvest from April

Eggplant
(also Aubergine) Start undercover in seed trays and plant out in 4-6 weeks Harvest from June

Kale
(also Borecole) Sow seed Harvest from May

Leeks Start undercover in seed trays and plant out in 4-6 weeks Harvest from July

Lettuce Sow seed Harvest from May

Marrow Start undercover in seed trays and plant out in 4-6 weeks Harvest from June

Mint
(also Garden mint) Start undercover in seed trays and plant out in 4-6 weeks Harvest from May

Mizuna
(also Japanese Greens, Mitzuna, Mibuna) Sow seed Harvest from April

Mustard greens
(also gai choy) Sow seed Harvest from April

Onion Sow seed Harvest from September

Parsnip Start undercover in seed trays and plant out in 4-6 weeks Harvest from July

Potato Plant seed potatoes Harvest from July

Radish Sow seed Harvest from April

Rhubarb Plant crowns Harvest from 12 months

Silverbeet
(also Swiss Chard or Mangold) Start undercover in seed trays and plant out in 4-6 weeks Harvest from May

Spinach
(also English spinach) Sow seed Harvest from April

Strawberries (from seeds) Start undercover in seed trays and plant out in 4-6 weeks Harvest from 12 months

Tomato Start undercover in seed trays and plant out in 4-6 weeks Harvest from May

Turnip Sow seed Harvest from May

The undercover sowings I understand but anything I tried to direct sow  this month would sit on top of the frozen solid MM for the birds to feast on. Rolling Eyes


Anyway, I'm not starting anything yet.  It's too early for my area and I'm not motivated.

Anyone else planting inside right now?

Artichokes, cabbage and broccoli this weekend.
Looks like Garden Gate got your zone wrong
avatar
SQWIB

Posts : 159
Join date : 2016-03-07
Location : Philly 7A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New England Feb 2018

Post  CapeCoddess on 2/6/2018, 2:49 pm

Pulled more carrots yesterday:
avatar
CapeCoddess

Posts : 6588
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 62
Location : elbow of the Cape, MA, Zone 6b/7a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New England Feb 2018

Post  Scorpio Rising on 2/6/2018, 7:30 pm

Nice carrots!
avatar
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 5830
Join date : 2015-06-12
Age : 56
Location : Ada, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New England Feb 2018

Post  quiltbea on 2/6/2018, 8:11 pm

CC....Great carrots. They would go good in my veggie beef soup.
avatar
quiltbea

Female Posts : 4708
Join date : 2010-03-21
Age : 76
Location : Southwestern Maine Zone 5A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New England Feb 2018

Post  quiltbea on 2/15/2018, 4:07 pm

Is anyone sowing seeds yet? It seems to me I started some cool crops in February and to tell the truth, I'm missing those starting beds.
avatar
quiltbea

Female Posts : 4708
Join date : 2010-03-21
Age : 76
Location : Southwestern Maine Zone 5A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New England Feb 2018

Post  Scorpio Rising on 2/15/2018, 8:47 pm

@quiltbea wrote:Is anyone sowing seeds yet?   It seems to me I started some cool crops in February and to tell the truth, I'm missing those starting beds.
Not me.  I am waiting on Skippy’s garden app.  It is the best so far judging my start dates.  some things can be started, but nothing I grow!

Some of you coastal folks have milder temps...
avatar
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 5830
Join date : 2015-06-12
Age : 56
Location : Ada, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New England Feb 2018

Post  CapeCoddess on 2/17/2018, 5:22 pm

Nope, no seed starting yet. It's on my to-do list, and I've seen that I've done it at this time in years past, but not feeling moved to yet. Rolling Eyes
avatar
CapeCoddess

Posts : 6588
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 62
Location : elbow of the Cape, MA, Zone 6b/7a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New England Feb 2018

Post  sanderson on 2/17/2018, 8:14 pm

@CapeCoddess wrote:
Nope, no seed starting yet. It's on my to-do list, and I've seen that I've done it at this time in years past, but not feeling moved to yet. Rolling Eyes
+1 Still need to remodel my PVC light stands. Tomorrow is another day. . .

____________________________

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
avatar
sanderson

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 15792
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 69
Location : Fresno CA Zone 8-9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New England Feb 2018

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum