Square Foot Gardening Forum

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.


Search
 
 

Display results as :
 

 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Root Knot Nematodes - PROGRESS!
by dstack Today at 6:02 am

» Northern California & Coastal Valleys - What are you doing this month?
by sanderson Today at 2:01 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson Today at 1:19 am

» Our 2017 garden makeover
by sanderson Today at 1:17 am

» How's the Weather Where You're At?
by sanderson Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» Plant ID
by No_Such_Reality Yesterday at 8:24 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by trolleydriver Yesterday at 3:44 pm

» Third Year SFG in Canada
by trolleydriver Yesterday at 2:04 pm

» CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing February 2017?
by Kelejan Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» Western Mount/High Plains: Seed Planting Dates zone 5b
by RoOsTeR Yesterday at 8:58 am

» I'll get my Texas garden right yet
by RoOsTeR Yesterday at 8:57 am

» Roots...information....
by MrBooker Yesterday at 6:19 am

» Is this wood correct for building box?
by sanderson Yesterday at 4:42 am

» Hello from IA Zone 5
by sanderson Yesterday at 4:38 am

» Feedback for my 2017 garden plan
by sanderson Yesterday at 2:10 am

» ticks
by camprn 2/20/2017, 11:18 pm

» N&C Midwest: February 2017
by CitizenKate 2/20/2017, 10:58 pm

» Gardening in Central Pennsylvania, 3rd year SFG
by BeetlesPerSqFt 2/20/2017, 10:15 pm

» Peppers with black spots
by camprn 2/20/2017, 10:10 pm

» February 2017 Avatar: Time to Wake Up!
by sanderson 2/20/2017, 9:37 pm

» broccoli stunted
by yolos 2/20/2017, 9:34 pm

» Butterfly Junction
by countrynaturals 2/20/2017, 6:10 pm

» Sanderson - Virtual Roadtrip Flyover
by trolleydriver 2/20/2017, 4:24 pm

» Carrot Week 2017!
by Goosegirl 2/20/2017, 3:53 pm

» Problems getting spinach seeds to sprout? Try this...
by trolleydriver 2/20/2017, 3:52 pm

» Spring Fever Anyone?
by newbeone 2/20/2017, 3:15 pm

» The raised bed of my dreams!
by ralitaco 2/19/2017, 9:20 pm

» Help - Building new raised beds
by ralitaco 2/19/2017, 9:06 pm

» Microbes...you gotta see this one !!!
by jimmy cee 2/19/2017, 8:20 pm

» 2017 SFG in Brooks, Ga
by yolos 2/19/2017, 5:41 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Hi from North Dakota

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi from North Dakota

Post  dreamingoutloud on 3/25/2011, 7:23 pm

Starting our first SFG this summer. We had a few tomatos and bean plants last year and our kids LOVED it . So we are going bigger this year. I will probley have a zillion questions. Such as can egress windows be used as a cold frame??


THANKS Smile

dreamingoutloud

Female Posts : 23
Join date : 2011-03-19
Age : 44
Location : North Dakota

View user profile

Back to top Go down

RE: Hi from North Dakota

Post  Goosegirl on 3/25/2011, 7:55 pm

Welcome from South Dakota! Glad to have another frozen gardener nearby!lol!

TC

Goosegirl

Female Posts : 3408
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 52
Location : Zone 4A - NE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from North Dakota

Post  Furbalsmom on 3/25/2011, 8:29 pm

Welcome, dreamingoutloud

Thanks for joining us.

Sorry, but I don't know if egress windows could be used as cold frames, sounds possible.

You should wait for a response from someone who knows about cold frames.

Kids and SFG are made for each other. The simplicity of the squares and plant spacing make it easier for the smaller ones to participate.

Have fun and keep us updated on your progress. We love pictures!

Furbalsmom

Female Posts : 3141
Join date : 2010-06-10
Age : 70
Location : Coastal Oregon, Zone 9a, Heat Zone 2 :(

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from North Dakota

Post  BackyardBirdGardner on 3/26/2011, 12:50 pm

Welcome aboard!! There are no questions unaskable here. Fire away and the people here will leapfrog each other to answer it for you. They are truly amazing around here and you will learn so much. I hope you contribute frequently, too. The more the merrier.

Pictures are worth 1000 words, so don't be shy once you get situated. We love watching other's gardens grow, too.

I wish I could help, but I don't know what egress windows are. My brother just tried to explain it to me, and I am still not quite understanding it. You will get an answer soon.

Looking forward to seeing you around!

BackyardBirdGardner

Male Posts : 2727
Join date : 2010-12-25
Age : 43
Location : St. Louis, MO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from North Dakota

Post  dreamingoutloud on 3/26/2011, 12:57 pm

@Goosegirl wrote: Welcome from South Dakota! Glad to have another frozen gardener nearby!lol!

TC

I grew up in a tiny little town in South Dakota!!

dreamingoutloud

Female Posts : 23
Join date : 2011-03-19
Age : 44
Location : North Dakota

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from North Dakota

Post  dreamingoutloud on 3/26/2011, 1:00 pm

@Furbalsmom wrote:Welcome, dreamingoutloud

Thanks for joining us.

Sorry, but I don't know if egress windows could be used as cold frames, sounds possible.

You should wait for a response from someone who knows about cold frames.

Kids and SFG are made for each other. The simplicity of the squares and plant spacing make it easier for the smaller ones to participate.

Have fun and keep us updated on your progress. We love pictures!

I used it last year as a way to help my children keep there minds off of and deal with there dad being deployed to guam for 6 months. It helped a LOT!!

dreamingoutloud

Female Posts : 23
Join date : 2011-03-19
Age : 44
Location : North Dakota

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from North Dakota

Post  dreamingoutloud on 3/26/2011, 1:03 pm

@BackyardBirdGardner wrote:Welcome aboard!! There are no questions unaskable here. Fire away and the people here will leapfrog each other to answer it for you. They are truly amazing around here and you will learn so much. I hope you contribute frequently, too. The more the merrier.

Pictures are worth 1000 words, so don't be shy once you get situated. We love watching other's gardens grow, too.

I wish I could help, but I don't know what egress windows are. My brother just tried to explain it to me, and I am still not quite understanding it. You will get an answer soon.

Looking forward to seeing you around!

http://www.egressescapewindows.com/pages/family_safety.html


Hope that helps.

dreamingoutloud

Female Posts : 23
Join date : 2011-03-19
Age : 44
Location : North Dakota

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from North Dakota

Post  dreamingoutloud on 3/26/2011, 1:04 pm

THANKS for all the welcomes!!!! Very Happy

dreamingoutloud

Female Posts : 23
Join date : 2011-03-19
Age : 44
Location : North Dakota

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from North Dakota

Post  BackyardBirdGardner on 3/26/2011, 1:13 pm

Helps a ton! I can't imagine you would go wrong with that setup if it gets sun. I would monitor the temps in there without plants first and go from there.

BackyardBirdGardner

Male Posts : 2727
Join date : 2010-12-25
Age : 43
Location : St. Louis, MO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hi from North Dakota

Post  Goosegirl on 3/26/2011, 1:57 pm

@dreamingoutloud wrote:
@Goosegirl wrote: Welcome from South Dakota! Glad to have another frozen gardener nearby!lol!

TC

I grew up in a tiny little town in South Dakota!!

I'm in the far NE corner. What part are you from?

Goosegirl

Female Posts : 3408
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 52
Location : Zone 4A - NE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from North Dakota

Post  dreamingoutloud on 3/26/2011, 11:44 pm

North Central

dreamingoutloud

Female Posts : 23
Join date : 2011-03-19
Age : 44
Location : North Dakota

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from North Dakota

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum