Square Foot Gardening Forum

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.


Search
 
 

Display results as :
 

 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Garlic: Freeze, thaw, and heave
by donnainzone5 Today at 11:14 am

» Second Year SFG in Canada
by trolleydriver Today at 9:52 am

» CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing December 2016
by trolleydriver Today at 9:45 am

» Live and learn
by jimmy cee Today at 9:08 am

» Northern California & Coastal Valleys - What are you doing this month?
by trolleydriver Today at 9:04 am

» Amaranth
by dstack Today at 8:05 am

» New England, December 2016
by sanderson Today at 4:09 am

» Tomato Tuesday 2016
by sanderson Today at 4:03 am

» 1st Seed Catalog Arrived :)
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 10:42 pm

» TrolleyDriver's Compost Thermometer
by trolleydriver Yesterday at 2:42 pm

» AtlantaMarie's Garden
by countrynaturals Yesterday at 2:04 pm

» N&C Midwest: December 2016
by sanderson Yesterday at 1:44 pm

» Mychorrhizae Fungi
by audrey.jeanne.roberts Yesterday at 1:28 pm

» December 2016 Avatar: Show your Winter Season Colors!
by Scorpio Rising 12/3/2016, 11:17 pm

» SFG not giving the results I expected
by No_Such_Reality 12/3/2016, 7:21 pm

» New Member
by trolleydriver 12/3/2016, 4:14 pm

» Mid-Atl - Dec 2016 - Seed Catalog ?
by CapeCoddess 12/3/2016, 12:32 pm

» First season SFG results / lessons learned
by countrynaturals 12/3/2016, 10:36 am

» Mid-South: December 2016
by sanderson 12/3/2016, 3:39 am

» Eat Broccoli Leaves? Brussels Sprouts? Cauliflower?
by sanderson 12/3/2016, 2:55 am

» Winter's Coming!
by sanderson 12/3/2016, 2:53 am

» Dry versus fresh spices to infuse vinegar
by sanderson 12/3/2016, 2:50 am

» 2016 SFG in Brooks, Ga
by sanderson 12/3/2016, 1:28 am

» Holy snow Batman!
by sanderson 12/2/2016, 5:46 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by MrBooker 12/2/2016, 5:17 pm

» Blanching and Freezing Vegetables
by sanderson 12/2/2016, 4:59 pm

» Your Christmas wish list?
by sanderson 12/2/2016, 4:29 pm

» SFG Adventure of a first time gardener in ND
by sanderson 12/2/2016, 4:14 pm

» Fusion Life Brands Power XL pressure cooker
by CapeCoddess 12/2/2016, 2:39 pm

» Asia Region -Showcase of Gardens - Show Us Yours
by sanderson 12/2/2016, 2:14 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Its avatars, not posting that's the issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Its avatars, not posting that's the issue

Post  EatYourVeggies on 1/10/2012, 12:36 pm

I need a tutorial and a practice area to change or add an avatar. This forum is kicking my booty Sad

EatYourVeggies

Male Posts : 155
Join date : 2012-01-10
Age : 55
Location : Vancouver WA Zone 8a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Its avatars, not posting that's the issue

Post  genes on 1/10/2012, 12:40 pm

thinking

you cant see fred in the chair?

genes

Posts : 180
Join date : 2011-01-26
Location : CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Its avatars, not posting that's the issue

Post  RoOsTeR on 1/10/2012, 12:48 pm

You can practice all you want in your profile.

____________________________


I am my gardens worst enemy.

RoOsTeR

Forum Administrator

Male Posts : 3879
Join date : 2011-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I tried and I tried....

Post  EatYourVeggies on 1/10/2012, 1:36 pm

the only way I was finally able to get fred in my avatar was with help from boffer, who placed the picture for me. Everytime I tried, I would click on browse, find the avatar I want to use on my computer, click save there and then click save again in the forum/profile/avatar/window, but when I do, it clears the window, leaving no URL and no picture. I don't have any idea why, I've never had an issue with avatars before, on other forums and boffer was able to do it from that end....just weird, but I'm open to suggestions or links for a tutorial. If you're truly patient, even a step by step description/reply, but I'm affraid (don't be skeeeeer'd) to try again and end up with no avatar again. Sad

EatYourVeggies

Male Posts : 155
Join date : 2012-01-10
Age : 55
Location : Vancouver WA Zone 8a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Its avatars, not posting that's the issue

Post  Goosegirl on 1/10/2012, 2:03 pm

@EatYourVeggies wrote:the only way I was finally able to get fred in my avatar was with help from boffer, who placed the picture for me. .........If you're truly patient, even a step by step description/reply, but I'm affraid (don't be skeeeeer'd) to try again and end up with no avatar again. Sad

What I had to do was save my avatar as a picture on my computer and then when I hit Browse I chose my computer file and it worked.

GG/Mrs. Taz

____________________________

GG   geek 






COMPOSTING:  The only time 'Garbage In' does not equal 'Garbage Out'!

Goosegirl

Female Posts : 3402
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 51
Location : Zone 4A - NE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Its avatars, not posting that's the issue

Post  RoOsTeR on 1/10/2012, 2:08 pm

Find the image on your computer. Click OPEN. It should then show the url just to the left of the browse button. Hit save and it should be a done deal. You can always use an image sharing site too like image shack or photobucket. And I saw you reference Doc Holiday in another thread...one of my all time favorite lines and movies

____________________________


I am my gardens worst enemy.

RoOsTeR

Forum Administrator

Male Posts : 3879
Join date : 2011-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Its avatars, not posting that's the issue

Post  EatYourVeggies on 1/10/2012, 2:15 pm

nKedrOoStEr wrote:Find the image on your computer. Click OPEN. It should then show the url just to the left of the browse button. Hit save and it should be a done deal. You can always use an image sharing site too like image shack or photobucket. And I saw you reference Doc Holiday in another thread...one of my all time favorite lines and movies

So far, I've done everything mentioned by yourself and others as its the norm for loading an avatar on a forum, but I'm not having any luck. Just for kicks, in a few minutes I'm even going to delete all of my cookies and restart my computer.

As for the quote from Doc Holiday, Tombstone is one of my favorite movies as well. From the same movie, my all time favorite quote was from Wyatt Earp when he said, "Tell 'em I'm coming and I'm bringin' hell with me"

EatYourVeggies

Male Posts : 155
Join date : 2012-01-10
Age : 55
Location : Vancouver WA Zone 8a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Its avatars, not posting that's the issue

Post  RoOsTeR on 1/10/2012, 2:19 pm

"Wyatt, you are an oak."

Very Happy



Sounds like you're covering the bases. Sometimes our software is just wonky too. Boffer probably still has your image and I can always get it too if need be. Either way, we can get it back on for you if you still have issues. Maybe try the image sharing option if you haven't already. My resources are somewhat limited here at work to be of much help now. I can't see smilies or avatars. I can look more into it this evening when home if need be.

____________________________


I am my gardens worst enemy.

RoOsTeR

Forum Administrator

Male Posts : 3879
Join date : 2011-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Its avatars, not posting that's the issue

Post  EatYourVeggies on 1/10/2012, 2:35 pm

nKedrOoStEr wrote:"Wyatt, you are an oak."

Very Happy



Sounds like you're covering the bases. Sometimes our software is just wonky too. Boffer probably still has your image and I can always get it too if need be. Either way, we can get it back on for you if you still have issues. Maybe try the image sharing option if you haven't already. My resources are somewhat limited here at work to be of much help now. I can't see smilies or avatars. I can look more into it this evening when home if need be.

Thank you very much. I hate having anyone needing to hold my hand, especially on something this straight forward, but have now restarted my computer after dumping caches, cookies, etc. I'm going to try to change my avatar and if I crash and burn, may contact you later this evening as I really need to get onto another project, or two...or a hundred. Wink

EatYourVeggies

Male Posts : 155
Join date : 2012-01-10
Age : 55
Location : Vancouver WA Zone 8a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Its avatars, not posting that's the issue

Post  EatYourVeggies on 1/10/2012, 2:50 pm

@EatYourVeggies wrote:
nKedrOoStEr wrote:"Wyatt, you are an oak."

Very Happy



Sounds like you're covering the bases. Sometimes our software is just wonky too. Boffer probably still has your image and I can always get it too if need be. Either way, we can get it back on for you if you still have issues. Maybe try the image sharing option if you haven't already. My resources are somewhat limited here at work to be of much help now. I can't see smilies or avatars. I can look more into it this evening when home if need be.

Thank you very much. I hate having anyone needing to hold my hand, especially on something this straight forward, but have now restarted my computer after dumping caches, cookies, etc. I'm going to try to change my avatar and if I crash and burn, may contact you later this evening as I really need to get onto another project, or two...or a hundred. Wink

Okay, tried again with the same result. Was going to delete my existing avatar again, but don't want to have nothing, so for now Fred stays. Let me ask this of Admins or anyone who might know...is it possible I'm not able to change or add an avatar due to only being on the forum for less than 24 hours? I received a note earlier, more of a warning really, as I attempted to send an e-mail thanking boffer for his help. It was in red font and toward the top of the page, stating something to the affect of, not able to send or download external links until after being a member for a week....just another thought?

EatYourVeggies

Male Posts : 155
Join date : 2012-01-10
Age : 55
Location : Vancouver WA Zone 8a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Okay.....Who's the wise guy?

Post  EatYourVeggies on 1/10/2012, 5:41 pm

So frustrated, despite many kind folks advice, I took a break from trying to fix my avatar dilema and went on to another pressing issue (taking a nap). I log back in and decide to have another go at it, and its like there was never a problem. Shocked
Did an Administrator feel sorry for me and flip a switch or over ride something? What ever it was, thank you. Very Happy

EatYourVeggies

Male Posts : 155
Join date : 2012-01-10
Age : 55
Location : Vancouver WA Zone 8a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Its avatars, not posting that's the issue

Post  Lindacol on 1/10/2012, 5:51 pm

@EatYourVeggies wrote:
So frustrated, despite many kind folks advice, I took a break from trying to fix my avatar dilema and went on to another pressing issue (taking a nap). I log back in and decide to have another go at it, and its like there was never a problem. Shocked
Did an Administrator feel sorry for me and flip a switch or over ride something? What ever it was, thank you. Very Happy




So it your avatar supposed to be a white square with what looks like a 12 x 12 black grid on it? That is what I see? Just wondering.......

Lindacol

Posts : 777
Join date : 2011-01-23
Location : Bloomington, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Its avatars, not posting that's the issue

Post  EatYourVeggies on 1/10/2012, 6:04 pm

@Lindacol wrote:
@EatYourVeggies wrote:
So frustrated, despite many kind folks advice, I took a break from trying to fix my avatar dilema and went on to another pressing issue (taking a nap). I log back in and decide to have another go at it, and its like there was never a problem. Shocked
Did an Administrator feel sorry for me and flip a switch or over ride something? What ever it was, thank you. Very Happy





So it your avatar supposed to be a white square with what looks like a 12 x 12 black grid on it? That is what I see? Just wondering.......
Yes lindacol, it was one of several ideas or avatars I'm playing with and its a square foot on top of that Wink

EatYourVeggies

Male Posts : 155
Join date : 2012-01-10
Age : 55
Location : Vancouver WA Zone 8a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Its avatars, not posting that's the issue

Post  RoOsTeR on 1/10/2012, 6:19 pm

Glad it's working for you Laughing

____________________________


I am my gardens worst enemy.

RoOsTeR

Forum Administrator

Male Posts : 3879
Join date : 2011-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Its avatars, not posting that's the issue

Post  EatYourVeggies on 1/11/2012, 5:10 am

nKedrOoStEr wrote:Glad it's working for you Laughing

Me too and I appreciate the help and suggestions I received.

EatYourVeggies

Male Posts : 155
Join date : 2012-01-10
Age : 55
Location : Vancouver WA Zone 8a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Its avatars, not posting that's the issue

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:41 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum